Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Intro, Kindara app ?, GTKY - dumb anecdotes :)

Hello everyone! DH (30) and I (27) have been NTNP for the past year and got zip. Probably missed the FW by a good long shot most of the time. But, hey, we gave the "don't try blah blah you'll get preg" thing a fair shake, so here I am. Apparently other women just fall of logs and get KTFU, but unfortunately I'm not one of them. 

Last month we decided to start trying for real mid-cycle, and I thought we hit it. I got a squinter line and almost flipped, but it was so faint and my FMU looked kind of...aggressive...so I decided to retest in the morning. BFN. The squinter was just an evap line. So this month my ute and I are having a come-to-Jesus meeting - BBT, OPK's, PNV's, the works. 

Challenge. Accepted.

Anywho, if anyone uses kindara, does it move peak days depending on info? Dumb thing marked CD6 as my peak day, based on CM, it looks like. It doesn't show on the app, only on the browser. I'm assuming if I mark a temp shift or if I add EWCM it'll change the peak days. Can anyone confirm? I know FF is the going choice around here, but the kindara user interface is better designed IMO. Neither my eyeballs or my brains track too well pre-coffee so I take all the help I can get.

GTKY question: 

What dumb stories have people told you about their pregnancies that made you go  "Wut?"

After I got my BFN AF showed up a few hours later - with a vengeance too. We went to a friend's house for dinner that night and I was in a goodly amount of pain waiting for the pills I popped to kick in. I explain to my friend because she asked me what was wrong (I must have looked a wee bit green around the gills) and she goes "Oh you might still be pregnant. I had my period for three months while I was pregnant with DS" 

*blink*

Um. No. No you did not, and thank you, but I know the difference between AF and random bleedy-ness. Which, you should too, considering you're in nursing school and you have a bad case of endometriosis. 

I just thanked her for the encouragement, but I'm still like "the fuck did I just hear?"

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. Seemed a lot shorter when I was typing it.
Anniversary
Me: 27 | DH: 30
TTC #1 since 10/14

Re: Intro, Kindara app ?, GTKY - dumb anecdotes :)

• Options
    Welcome.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Welcome.
    Married 5/31/10
    DS 10/31/12
    BFP 11/18/14
    EDD 7/31/15

July15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite holiday movie. Bad Santa!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome.
  • Options
    Welcome, that was quite the wall of text, but at least you turned it into paragraphs. Good luck!
    Married 06/08 started TTC 08/08
    BFP 9/08 Natural m/c (8w3d) 
    BFP 06/09 Natural m.c (5w3d) 
    BFP 9/09 -- Dec. 29th: Juliet Rose born at 20 wks. Love you forever.
    TTC Break 1/10-8/14.
    Results of physical testing = Normal 
    Genetic testing = Balanced translocation
    IVF #1 with PGD Nov 2014 = BFN
    IVF #2 with PGD Start stimming 1/6, ER scheduled 1/16, ET scheduled 1/21 

• Options
    I'm treating this like an intro. Welcome. Kindara sucks. Fertility Friend for lyf.
    This.  Just this.

The little guys, Shadow and Bobby (aka Shabby)

Married: 4/14/2012
    TTC #1 since 9/14   BFP! 11/22/14  M/C 1/1/15
    Me: 31 DH: 41
    Dx: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - 2000, Lichen Sclerosus - 2013

"I'm a lady with the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor."

• Options
    Welcome!

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:

Anywho, if anyone uses kindara, does it move peak days depending on info? Dumb thing marked CD6 as my peak day, based on CM, it looks like. It doesn't show on the app, only on the browser. I'm assuming if I mark a temp shift or if I add EWCM it'll change the peak days. Can anyone confirm? I know FF is the going choice around here, but the kindara user interface is better designed IMO. Neither my eyeballs or my brains track too well pre-coffee so I take all the help I can get.
    Peak what days?  Peak fertility?  Peak fertility kinda doesn't mean anything.  You're fertile from five days before ovulation to one day after.  It's not something you can know in advance - you know your fertile days once ovulation is confirmed.
    No it's literally marked with a P. I'm guessing it means "peak"...something. On other charts it appears prior to confirmed ovulation, but I've seen it more than once on some charts and at random times. I don't really need it, just wondering what it's there for and if it moves around like the crosshairs. I haven't been able to dig up the explanation in the help section yet. 
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • Options
    That was a lot to read. Like tl; dr past the first paragraph.

Welcome.
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• Options
    Welcome!

I agree, FF isn't the prettiest, but it also doesn't blow sunshine up your ass so I appreciate that. I am embarrassed to admit, but I was using 3 period apps before finding TB. I have since deleted all but FF. I don't need my period tracking app to squee for me and tell me to take a test, especially when it doesn't actually know when I did, or did not ovulate, and therefor cannot know if pregnancy is possible. I already battle my own irrational brain on a daily basis.

It's less about prettiness and more about readability. I have this dumb little eye disorder that causes swelling overnight, so I have wicked double vision when I wake up. The colors/font choices are just easier for me to see :)

I haven't completed a chart on it yet, but it will mark O based on on other community charts. The "P" thing usually coincides, but not always. Hmm...maybe it's just marking more fertile CM? 
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • Options
    lazyreaderlazyreader member
    edited November 2014
    I heart kindara. haters gonna hate. however I also use FF because I like to have comparisons.

the Peak (CM) day will adjust based on the more data you enter, unless you mark it as your peak day
    (for the FF users = peak day = EWCM)

same goes for Temp shift. When your temp spikes and you checkmark it, it will show up on the website. 

also - at the bottom of your online chart there is a little table (with horrible UX) but you can click edit and change it to auto or adjust your numbers how you see fit. Example:
    FF changed my coverline to a little lower than it had it marked previously. Kindara didn't change it. So I just adjusted the coverline myself. 

I prefer Kindara for the overlay view of CM + temps with the very easy to follow CP tracking. it's so much easier at a glance to see the big picture. FF is ugly as sin. but has a better algorithm. 

yw. ;)

• Options
    Thank you @lazyreader‌! I was thinking it had to do with the cm. As far as algorithms go, the first time I temped I used the paper chart that came with my bbt lol. I've used ff, I just like kindara better, so I guess we can hang out on our little kindara island and pour up a margarita!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • Options
    Welcome!
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • Options
    Welcome!  As for your GTKY:  I once heard someone say they knew they were pregnant the *moment* it happened.  
    ...Wut? 
    TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use Kindara (as well as FF) but never have (or notice) EWCM so don't get peak days recorded...so can't help you there.

FWIW, I like Kindara, I like being able to share the charts/check out others easily and follow, although I must admit since joining this forum I've wanted to type some snark on some charts, but have to remind myself wrong app! It's starting to annoy me now so I go to the community less often now.

The only dumb pregnancy stories I've heard are about people trying for years, going on holiday and bam, pregnant, as if it's some magical treatment - yes you are on holiday so you probably have more sex than at home. I've had plenty of holidays since TTC and no holiday baby.
    Sept 2015 January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance

Me: 29 - DH: 37
    BFP: 12/21/2014 - EDD: 09/01/2015

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    welcome
  • Options

Ya I hear you. FF is hard to see on my phone at least. By "other community charts" does that mean it compares you to other people and uses that comparison to define your "peak" days, cuz that sounds crazy...and not at all accurate. The fertile CM thing makes sense...just remember, just because you have fertile CM, doesn't mean you ovulate at that time. I had awesome EWCM for 5 days leading up to when I "was supposed to" ovulate and then O didn't happen. When it did happen, my CM was just regular creamy/watery stuff I typically get AFTER ovulation. It was stupid!

No no. You can just see other charts like you can in the gallery on ff.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • Options
    Hello everyone! DH (30) and I (27) have been NTNP for the past year and got zip. Probably missed the FW by a good long shot most of the time. But, hey, we gave the "don't try blah blah you'll get preg" thing a fair shake, so here I am. Apparently other women just fall of logs and get KTFU, but unfortunately I'm not one of them. 

Last month we decided to start trying for real mid-cycle, and I thought we hit it. I got a squinter line and almost flipped, but it was so faint and my FMU looked kind of...aggressive...so I decided to retest in the morning. BFN. The squinter was just an evap line. So this month my ute and I are having a come-to-Jesus meeting - BBT, OPK's, PNV's, the works. 

Challenge. Accepted.

GTKY question: 

What dumb stories have people told you about their pregnancies that made you go  "Wut?"

After I got my BFN AF showed up a few hours later - with a vengeance too. We went to a friend's house for dinner that night and I was in a goodly amount of pain waiting for the pills I popped to kick in. I explain to my friend because she asked me what was wrong (I must have looked a wee bit green around the gills) and she goes "Oh you might still be pregnant. I had my period for three months while I was pregnant with DS" 

*blink*

Um. No. No you did not, and thank you, but I know the difference between AF and random bleedy-ness. Which, you should too, considering you're in nursing school and you have a bad case of endometriosis. 

I just thanked her for the encouragement, but I'm still like "the fuck did I just hear?"

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. Seemed a lot shorter when I was typing it.
    Heard that exact thing from a coworker.  She was convinced I was pregnant (for no reason, I have not shard any TTC details with her) and when I said I'm on my period she told me what your friend told you.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• Options
    Ovia is trying to pull the same shit.
    Welcome. I second FF...and Kindara pushing a $79 glorified thermometer really makes me give them a side eye.

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome! Never heard of Kindara, I use FF, but even they moved my O date once because I had some weird temp shifts, clearly I had ovulated like 4 days before they changed it because of CM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"