Special Needs

bittersweet moment

DD started clapping today. Constantly.

Her brother is 3 (asd) and rarely claps without it being hand-over-hand.

I don't think I have to explain to you all what a relief it is to see her do it...but it's also just one of many bittersweet moments as well. Another little reminder, if you will.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
~All AL'ers welcome~

Re: bittersweet moment

• That's awesome.  :) 

• It's really sweet to see. She's so focused on it.

Just makes me realize there are a million milestones like this that DS never hit or hit late. I know I had no way to know, never saw the a-bomb coming, but as she hits these milestones I want to kick myself for not getting him dx sooner. I just thought it was his laid back personality (when he was chill playing solo or staring out the window at the leaves,) or that he's a quirky kid that liked to play with exciting things like strings, plastic hangers and drinking straws.

She's housing his social interaction when he was this age, is about 2 months ahead of his curve on physical milestones, the clapping, reacting to the baby in the mirror... I could keep going.

It's a relief to see, but it really drives home DSs differences, if that makes sense.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Exciting to see and can also imagine the strain.
  • Watching the differences between my kids has been amazing - in a really good way sometimes and in a soul-crushing way other times.  Bittersweet is a good word for it.

Yay for clapping though!
    Exactly.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"