June 2013 Moms
Options

Eczema treatments

LO's eczema was kept pretty well in control over the summer with coconut oil, but now that it's getting colder, it's just not cutting it any more. What have you found works well?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Eczema treatments

• Options
    Initially used aquaphor. There is also coconut oil with lavender essential oil ... I've also heard great things about melrose oil.
  • Options
    ilovemarfailovemarfa member
    edited November 2014
    Noodle and Boo makes this amazing lotion called ultimate ointment. Ds1 came down with a nasty case of dry skin on his face this summer from going to the pool all of the time. We tried everything- Vaseline, cetaphil, etc. the ped gave us a rx for hydrocortisone but I was trying to avoid it so I found a review for this cream and decided to to it. Within a week his eczema was completely gone. Now that it's winter I'm using it on the boys every night after bath all over since they tend to get dry skin in the winter. It's expensive but definitely worth it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Arbonne baby wash and lotion. Anytime I've switched up her wash and lotion she starts to break out in the rash again, so I've made sure to have extra ordered at all times now.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    We use raw Shea butter. She hasn't had any eczema since we started using it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    My doctor told me to use cortain (1% hydrocortisone) because aveeno and aquafor wasn't working and cortain cleared it up really quick - it's amazing !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"