Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

3 across- ridiculous question. Read only if you want a headache :/

Hi, 

I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer. DD is in a rear facing Britax Marathon 70 right now. I'm expecting, and I know we can fit a Graco Snugride 30 in there with her just fine. BUT - here's where I get a little ridiculous: I nanny. And I'd really love the option of leaving the house for the zoo or whatever. My dd is 2, and the child I nanny is currently 15 months and in a convertible car seat. Like I mentioned, we have the Graco Snugride 30 for the new babe. 

Does anyone have any experience with getting 3 carseats in a tiny little clown car like mine? One rear facing, Two forward facing. With the sales coming next month, I'm willing to buy new car seats to make it work if I need to. But I just don't know if it's even possible. 

TIA if you have any insight! 

Re: 3 across- ridiculous question. Read only if you want a headache :/

• Options
    I believe the Diono Radian is about as narrow of a seat you will find. You should ask on the Facebook site CSFTL (Car Seats for the Littles), a car seat tech can help you with your puzzle, and someone may even have your exact car with a solution. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Okay, that's excellent advice- thank you for your help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The harmony defender is a narrow harnessed booster, I'm not sure if it will work in your car though.
  • Options
    You mentioned forward-facing two of the seats. I would check with the parents of the 15 month old child you nanny if they want their child forward-facing. Not sure how old they'll be after you deliver, but many people try to keep seats rear-facing as long as possible.
    Thanks! Yes, I would never put a child forward facing without their parents' approval. She's already forward in her dad's car because it's more comfortable for him. Not exactly an example of best priorities, but they know my thoughts and haven't changed anything. When I deliver she will be 2,and I'm assuming by then they will want her FF. But you're right I will need to double check.
  • Options
    If two of the kids will be forward facing I wouldn't get a Radian for them.  They're great extended rear facing seats but the booster is essentially useless so that's a lot of money for the use you'd get.  I would definitely look into the Harmony Defender for the forward facers (one or both, depending on the parents' willingness to FF).  They're the most narrow dedicated forward facing seats available.  Also try playing with the Graco with and without the base to see if it puzzles better sitting up high or down low.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    @SandAndsSea‌ the Radian as a booster is sort of useless because it has a 50 pound minimum to use. At that weight, nearly all children will have already outgrown the harness, but since the belt guide for the booster is not adjustable, it means the booster is outgrown at the same time as the harness.

Besides that, if you buy it to ERF and then use it as long as you can forward facing, it's a very good buy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    I'm not sure how the lancer compares to the mazda3 or honda accord but I've installed two ff diono radians and a sung ride 35 in both of these vehicles. Three across is doable with the right seats.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"