May 2015 Moms

random subject.

What is people's beef with baby showers and gender reveal? Sex reveal sounds weird.......anyways.

Generally whole families are excited about babies and anytime to get with family is a good thing. But all I seem to be reading over in the baby shower thread is attention whore, terrible idea, why ? ?, pinterest is stupid. Ask a general yes or no question and you get slammed for an idea. I know people have real life opinions but it just seems rude when your question gets picked apart and you don't get an answer your actually looking for. Everyone is entitled but being rude is just rude.

I guess that's my sorta rant for the day.

Re: random subject.

• I think also you may not be reading the baby shower board very closely. Those women definitely have strong opinions but they are very quick to outline their reasons WHY they hold those opinions. You don't have to agree with them.
    Favorite fall activity: roasting pumpkin seeds!

• Loading the player...
  • I've read through them all. Most of what I'm reading isn't helpful. All I see is no no no. Very few people actually seem to genuinely answer someone's question.

I'm not sensitive to people's opinions but when all you hear is negative. Yes your going to eventually fight back.

All I'm trying to say. What you read might not seem rude to you but to someone it is.
  • Well OP what is your question about the two. I can give you my opinion or any knowledge I have. But that doesn't mean you will like either.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Pintobean39Pintobean39 member
    edited November 2014
    deafy2006 said:

I've read through them all. Most of what I'm reading isn't helpful. All I see is no no no. Very few people actually seem to genuinely answer someone's question.

I'm not sensitive to people's opinions but when all you hear is negative. Yes your going to eventually fight back.

All I'm trying to say. What you read might not seem rude to you but to someone it is.

Maybe the reason you see "no, no, no" is because that's what we mean. If someone ask a question, answers will be given and from what I read most people thought it was tacky to have a shower for your second or to host your own shower.

No one here is going to shit rainbows and puppy dogs for you or anyone else. Honest opinions were given, if you don't like them because you think honesty is negative, then that's a personal problem.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • edited November 2014
    deafy2006 said:

I've read through them all. Most of what I'm reading isn't helpful. All I see is no no no. Very few people actually seem to genuinely answer someone's question.

I am sorry. Should I change my opinion to better appease? I don't really understand what you are going with this other than trying to virtually smack us on the hand. And if you read the "thanks but no thanks" thread you will see that didn't go over very well.

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Speaking of the "thanks but no thanks" did that Britney chick delete her account? None of her posts are showing up.

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• I'm not talking about my thread, I left that alone already and im not complaining on here about another thread. I'm talking about the subject in general.

Yes it's a main forum (baby showers) on here but I posted it here because this is a general forum pretty much.

What I'm reading is, no that's completely stupid. Why would you think that. Ect.

Not just no, that's not a good idea.

There is a difference.
  • Speaking of the "thanks but no thanks" did that Britney chick delete her account? None of her posts are showing up.

She did indeed.
    Favorite fall activity: roasting pumpkin seeds!

• Maybe because their opinion is "no that's stupid", ever think of that?

Fucking bump!!!!
  • If you want to have a baby shower for every baby go ahead. If you want to do a gender/sex reveal party go ahead. Just don't expect everyone to think it's awesome. I hate when people ask for opinions then get all bent out of shape and cranky when they get (SHOCKER!) people's opinions!!!!

DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Oh for the love of pete. I don't think anyone is getting what I'm trying to say. This thread is full of what I'm talking about. Yes you don't have to play nice but shit, I think some comment because they think it's necessary to breathe.

I only took offense to the rogue thing because everyone acted like I spoke against God or something. Heaven forbid someone has like a guilty pleasure name they think is pretty decent.

Thanks for stalking ramy3

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Remember that from childhood anybody?
  • Sometimes I hate being mobile because I can't look at the posting history before I respond to someone.  I was confused in the beginning but now I understand.  It's the whole bump you don't like because everyone on every board you have been on has offended you in some way shape or form.  I really don't think I can do anything about that.  Sounds like a personal problem to me.

And yes I was stalking, I had to see what your deal was :-)  I even saw that Ramy commented on your post on another board, guess you didn't pay attention to that.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Yet attention whores and nazis are taken less extreme. Yes no one has used nazi. But I've seen enough attention whores...meh.
  • Yes I understand it's offensive. But I also understand it's used in the same context.
  • To be honest everyone is entitled to their opinions. My oponion is that some people feel so compelled to share their opinion that they are willing to be Completly rude to other people just so they can get their opinion heard. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong but one thing that is wrong is being rude to other people. The sad part is everyone here is pregnant and they don't mind acting in snobbish ways. I hope when their babies are born they don't force their opinions in such negative ways onto their little ones. If anyone doesn't like the bump it's probably the harshest forum out there and there are more polite forums you can go to where people respect people who might be sensitive. One I would recommend is what to expect. Sorry to all you woman out there just looking for advice and get negative nancy rudeness!
  • I know someone who is super sweet and nice and sugary to everyone but when she and I are alone she talks trash about everyone. She is a complete fake and never says how she really feels, so if anyone is ever honest to her (esp online) she wonders how people can be so negative.

I imagine all these posters are like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • This gets bumped 6 days later but the redundant questions just get asked over and over because people don't want to bump up old post. :-/
    -----
    DS1:15 
    DS2: 8
    DS3: 2
    Due May 2015 with twin GIRLS!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"