Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bedtime/wake time

I feel like this has been discusses recently but my search did not find it. Maybe a different board?

Anyway, what time is your LO in bed for the night & what time does LO wake up?

We are having a bit of trouble with the 4mo sleep regression, but even before that, LO gets up REALLY early....then again, so does DS#1. He is usually in bed by 7ish (which is pushing it some nights because the DLS has messed him up also), there are a few night wakings, his 3/4:00 waking is difficult to get him back to sleep, and then he is up for the day between 5-5:30. EVERY.DAY.

Anyone else have an early riser? I'd bump his bedtime later, but he's so tired by that point already. :/
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Bedtime/wake time

• During the week: bedtime at 7:30 p.m. He wakes up most days around 6 a.m. Sometimes he wakes up between 4:30-5 a.m. for a feed but I can usually get him back to sleep for another hour or two while I get ready for work. 

We're more lax on the weekends since he doesn't have to get up for daycare. We don't enforce a bed time as much. We let him hang out with us, but he's usually ready to go down around 9 p.m. He's up by about 7:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. 

Most people probably wouldn't agree with our schedule since it's not a consistent for him every day but it seems to work for us. :) 

Can you try bumping it in really small increments? Just like 15 minutes later and see if it helps at all? Just a thought, I really don't have experience with that. 
  • In my experience, a later bedtime always means an earlier morning.

I would try an earlier bedtime.

Every since DD was about 6m, she's had a 6:15ish bedtime. Mornings start anywhere between 6-6:30. When I tried a later bedtime, even by just 15 minutes, her mornings moved up to 5-5:30.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • LO is in the bath by 645-7 pm and then has a bottle and is usually sleeping by 730.  She is normally up between 6-6:30 every morning.  Sometimes she will wake before that but if she does i will go in put her paci back in her mouth cover her up with her blanket and normally she will fall asleep till at least 6 am.  I don't mind her getting up so early since i have to get my 1st grader up and ready for school.   LO is usually back down for a morning nap between 8-9 am.  I just love the early bedtime and knowing that i have a few hours to myself at night!!  Love my kids but can't imagine then being up till 9pm or so
  • Thanks ladies. I tried an earlier bedtime a few days in a row a week or so ago & it didn't help us any. Plus, we get home from daycare/work at 5:45/6, so I do like the 7:00 start to bedtime. That is when we always started DS#1 bedtime, but he would get up in the 6:00 hour. I definitely do not want it any later.

I don't think he is sleeping too much during the day, but maybe. his naps total 3-4 hours. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Thanks ladies. I tried an earlier bedtime a few days in a row a week or so ago & it didn't help us any. Plus, we get home from daycare/work at 5:45/6, so I do like the 7:00 start to bedtime. That is when we always started DS#1 bedtime, but he would get up in the 6:00 hour. I definitely do not want it any later.

I don't think he is sleeping too much during the day, but maybe. his naps total 3-4 hours. 
    Then I would try to make sure that he has a last nap at 3:30/4pm in order to avoid him going to bed overtired. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"