March 2014 Moms
Options

Lactose intolerance

Is anyone else's baby lactose intolerant? One of my twins was tested when she was 4mths and it came back positive but the doctor said she grow out of it. Then I got her tested for allergies at 8mths and the allergy doctor said it was for life. Not sure who to believe I have also been told all babies are lactose intolerant when they are little. So does anyone know the truth? Or is it a wait and see kind of thing?

Re: Lactose intolerance

• Options
    Thank you so much for your responses. We live in a small town and the doctors aren't very good (no offence to small town doctors this is just my experience). I guess I just hoped for her sake she would grow out of it but I understand it is a condition and will do everything for her to help her through it which will be harder as she gets older because will see her sister eating things she can't eat. Thank you again! This board had taught me so much about everything! I don't post much but have been here since day 1 of this journey
  • Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, and like @bennieangel‌ I can eat certain foods in limited quantities with no adverse effects (or only minimal).
    However, keep the fettuccini Alfredo away. Lol.

I also suffer from migraines if I eat certain foods, so I pay close attention to what I eat just to feel good most of the time.

Certain cheeses in small bits are fine, yogurt is fine, and small scoops of ice cream. But I don't drink cow's milk and try to avoid creamy sauces.

I did not know what was wrong with me until my BIL was diagnosed, then my (small town) doctor agreed to send me for testing when we thought that may be the issue. Now, thankfully, I can feel 'not suck' most of the time.

**remember hidden ingredients though.
    I cannot eat Doritos and many other 'flavoured' chips.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"