Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

DD Picky Dresser

My DD is 25 months and all of a sudden became a VERY picky dresser.  The mornings have gotten so hard because she won't wear anything I pick out.  I let her pick out her outfits, but she tends to wear the SAME things.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  It has gotten out of control and she has sooo many cute things! TIA!

Re: DD Picky Dresser

• Options
    Yes. DD is the same. For awhile she would only wear dresses. I started getting the cute dress/legging combos at Old Navy. Sometimes she needs to wear other pants. I just explain it, or give her choices. You can wear outfit A or outfit B. These are your only choices today. You may choose a different outfit tomorrow, etc.
  • Options
    I think the only way I am ever to successfully dress my daughter is letting her choose between A and B.  She is usually fine as long as she has a choice. She is also really into dresses, so I try to buy a lot of tunics and dresses that I know she will approve of :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that's normal.  It's also not a big deal.  Just let her wear whatever she wants.  Picture day, holiday, family party I pick.  Most of the other days she does.  She normally picks a dress or skirt over pants.  If something truly isn't an option I pull it from her closet.  
  • Options
    I can't fight this fight.  As long as it's seasonally appropriate, he can wear whatever he wants.  However, he can't go into the hamper for dirty clothes, he's limited to what's in his closet.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't fight this fight.  As long as it's seasonally appropriate, he can wear whatever he wants.  However, he can't go into the hamper for dirty clothes, he's limited to what's in his closet.
    Congrats btw!  I noticed your ticker a couple days ago!
  • Options
    Just let her pick out her own clothes.  DD pick out her own clothes every morning.  Sometimes she always wants to wear the same thing.  Last week she wore last year's minnie dress from Halloween twice in the same week.  The other day she wore last year's christmas dress with hot pink pants underneath (the dress was too short so I made her pick out pants).  Honestly, as long as she's dressed appropriately for the weather I couldn't care less about what she wears.  There are WAY more important things to worry about.  The only time I pick out her clothes is for a holiday or if we are going to a baptism or something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also wanted to add that I think it's funny how much my perception has changed.  When I first found out I was pregnant with a little girl I was so excited about buying her cute little outfits and dressing her.  Once she was actually her I realized she is not a little doll for me to play dress up with but a person with her own interests and opinions.  Even days when she picks the most out there clothes I still think she looks adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD has been the same way for a while.  For a long time, it was nothing but long sleeve shirts and pants.  Now it's only sleeveless dresses.  (And yes, winter is coming! :P) She's got just enough dresses she'll wear to make it through the week, and the drawers *full* of an excessive amount of shirts, pants, and skirts go totally unused.

But that's ok!  She can pick out whatever she wants to wear.  (She has to wear a coat once it hits 32F, and shoes in parking lots and boots in the rain at preschool.  Those are pretty much the only rules.)  It's definitely something you can let them have control on for the most part, even if you don't get to see them wear some of the cute outfits you found.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"