February 2015 Moms

These Braxtons!

Wow, these braxton hicks contractions are kicking my butt this time around. They were never ever like this with DD1. I'm practically drowning myself in liters of water a day to keep them in check, but they are so strong. It's like someone stuck a giant blood pressure cuff around my belly. So uncomfortable.
BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: These Braxtons!

• I didn't have them until the last week of pregnancy with DS but mine started at 26 weeks and I have one every night without fail.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have between 2 - 5 every day. Usually during the day when I'm at work.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I can never tell if I'm having BH or if my DS is just stretching out as far as he possibly can

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• I can never tell if I'm having BH or if my DS is just stretching out as far as he possibly can
    This. Sometimes I don't know if I'm feeling Roslin move or a contraction.  :-??
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • @Blingpixie and @dacora Seriously! They must not be BH because mine aren't necessarily painful, they just feel...weird!

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

• I am with you. I did not ever have them with DD. This time around I have a couple a day. They seem to be more prevalent when I am over the top stressed or physically tired. I just take it as sign to relax, put my feet up, and decompress.
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Mine started a couple weeks ago. But recently they have gotten stronger. I had one today that made me stop dead in my tracts. It wasnt painful. But the pressure was more intense and it lasted a good 30-40 seconds. I dont get them often but I definitely understand how you feel. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • dacora said:
    I can never tell if I'm having BH or if my DS is just stretching out as far as he possibly can
    I asked my doctor about this... and the response was. Usually if its the baby the pressure will move slightly, and only last maybe up to 10 seconds or so. When its like complete uterine pressure and lasts longer (like 20 seconds or more)  its a contraction. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • jaztastic said:
    dacora said:
    I can never tell if I'm having BH or if my DS is just stretching out as far as he possibly can
    I asked my doctor about this... and the response was. Usually if its the baby the pressure will move slightly, and only last maybe up to 10 seconds or so. When its like complete uterine pressure and lasts longer (like 20 seconds or more)  its a contraction. 
    Thank you, good to know! Mine must just be him then, because they typically don't last that long and they usually happen when my belly pushes into my desk..which really seems to grind his gears lol

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

• I had really bad BH with DS, but I've only had them a few times this pregnancy. I'm sorry so many of you are experiencing them.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought I was having them too, but called my OB and they said it's probably just my uterus coming out of the pelvic bone....or something like that. But how would that happen if I am just laying here? Idk. But definitely too weird!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have been feeling some braxton hicks since about weeks 24-25 and i'm not just entering wk 28. does anyone have any experience of going into early labor like a few weeks or so after feeling these pretty early on? mine are usually early in the morning. I'm just wondering if any previous moms on here have had their baby before the due date when they felt strong/early Braxton hicks before the start of the 3rd trimester
  • NA305698 said:
    I have been feeling some braxton hicks since about weeks 24-25 and i'm not just entering wk 28. does anyone have any experience of going into early labor like a few weeks or so after feeling these pretty early on? mine are usually early in the morning. I'm just wondering if any previous moms on here have had their baby before the due date when they felt strong/early Braxton hicks before the start of the 3rd trimester
    Didn't a bunch of people just answer this question in your thread? Braxton Hicks are not preterm labor. But, if you are feeling several contractions in an hour, it might be worth a call to your OB. Since you are now in your third trimester, Braxton Hicks are totally normal, and some women do experience them a few weeks earlier. 
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • "Braxton Hicks =/= Early Labor"

That was the extent of the 'answers' i recieved on that thread. I left that thread and came to the next one on BH just as they advised, hence my comment in this thread.

I think I did  a horrible job explaining what I was asking, basically if you experience BH early are you more likely to have you child early. Not that day you are having BH but just in general, mothers who have been pregnant before, i was wondering if those who had experienced them early tended to deliver earlier than their due date. It was just a question on the possiblity of it happening like the chance of having a boy versus a girl if you concieved in one position versus another.

• NA305698 said:

"Braxton Hicks =/= Early Labor"

That was the extent of the 'answers' i recieved on that thread. I left that thread and came to the next one on BH just as they advised, hence my comment in this thread.

I think I did  a horrible job explaining what I was asking, basically if you experience BH early are you more likely to have you child early. Not that day you are having BH but just in general, mothers who have been pregnant before, i was wondering if those who had experienced them early tended to deliver earlier than their due date. It was just a question on the possiblity of it happening like the chance of having a boy versus a girl if you concieved in one position versus another.

I have had BH earlier and earlier in each pregnancy (on # 6) and never experienced labor before 39.5 weeks. Check with your doc, they can check your cervix manually or via US, but in my experience they are a total PITA.
  • NA305698 said:
    I have been feeling some braxton hicks since about weeks 24-25 and i'm not just entering wk 28. does anyone have any experience of going into early labor like a few weeks or so after feeling these pretty early on? mine are usually early in the morning. I'm just wondering if any previous moms on here have had their baby before the due date when they felt strong/early Braxton hicks before the start of the 3rd trimester
    I think it is your lack of proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar that is confusing people.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• NA305698 said:

"Braxton Hicks =/= Early Labor"

Yes, I can confirm you are having a boy.
    We need to know what position they were in first....duh!   B-)
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• digwriterdigwriter member
    edited November 2014
    It's the ghost of posts past. I was confused for a moment there.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Thank You for the answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"