Babies on the Brain

When did you become pregnant after birth control

meowcat84meowcat84 member
edited October 2014 in Babies on the Brain
What are the chances of becoming pregnant after stopping birth control for 14 days? I used the pill Orsythia

Re: When did you become pregnant after birth control

• Depends on when you ovulate.  If you ovulate regularly you have approx. a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle.  If you are not ovulating you have a 0% chance.

As for the question in your title, I got pregnant (which ended in a chemical pregnancy) 2 years and 2 months after stopping BCP, but that was from IVF #2 so that probably doesn't really help you much. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Weezy56Weezy56 member
    edited October 2014
    There is no way to tell right now, everyone is different. Some get pregnant right away, but I'm sure it takes more people longer. It took me 3 months, but that has no bearing on your situation.

I would start temping/charting if you want to get a better chance of hitting your fertile window.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Still haven't and January was the last month I was on BC.
    Baby Mama quotes

Married: 06/21/2014
    Fur Baby: Roy
    TTC since: February 2014

• As previously posted, everyone is different. I've been off BC for 11 months, with TTC for 9 months. My sister was lucky enough to get pregnant her first cycle off BC.

Mr. & Mrs. 4.11

TTC #1 since 2.14

• I was on ortho tricyclen continuously for 5 years. I stopped it and my cycles went back to normal immediately. I conceived the very first month trying. 

Everyone is different. All meds are different. Your cycle may have changed over the last several years and you were unaware because of the meds. The only way to know is to try!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 19 months and 5 rounds of fertility drugs.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Just started #TTC #2, just got my implanon removed on October 21st and AF hasn't come yet hopefully i get pregnant soon
  • Six years including four IUIs, two miscarriages, several forced breaks due to health concerns and one round of IVF.

That doesn't help you at all, though.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Thanks for everyone's input. Nope completed my last pack didn't stop in the middle. My ovulation time is over and just hoping for the best.
  • I finished my pill pack in December and got pregnant in March.
    Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• with DS1 it was over a year from when I stopped my pack to getting pregnant. but a good portion of that time I didnt even have a period (why, I don't know?) but with DS2 it was about 3 months. This time around I had my IUD removed early to let my body do its thing on its own before we started TTC. Hopefully I can get lucky and be on the short side of trying rather than the longer side...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"