Cincinnati Babies

Recommended Daycares?

I am due at the end of April. I will get 9 weeks off then back to work. I live in Loveland and work in West Chester. We are looking at places at either location and in between. Any recommendations or places to avoid? Anyone have an average of how much a place will cost?

Thanks!!

Re: Recommended Daycares?

• Just went through all of this. I am in Dayton but the general info is likely about the same. Check out occrra.org and 4cforchildren.org for references and resources. I found churches to be really good, I assumed they had religious daycares but that isn't necessarily true if you are agnostic. I also assumed all daycares were monitored by the state, also not true. You can expect to pay $50-$100 a day depending on center (private/church/state funded) and depending on the type of care (full vs part time).

I also looked into Care.com but most caretakers wanted $20-$30 an hour which was out of my price range.

Pregnancy Ticker

• We currently use all about kids ( wards corner ) and love it !!! Not sure what prices are like for infant full time but 3 days a week for our toddler is a little less than $200 a week .
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're willing to do an in-home childcare option (you take your child to the provider's home), be sure to include those in your search. We found a wonderful in home provider and we just love her! She loves our little one like she's her own. We pay $140 a week. She has a curriculum for older children, she provides daily reports, etc. It's nice because she can only watch a maximum of 6 children. So my daughter still gets interaction with other children but she also gets more one-on-one interaction with her care provider.

Just another option for you to think about during  your search. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very similar to the above. We take LO to a woman we know through our church 4 days a week. She, her husband and their daughter love her like their own. It's great to get texts with pictures throughout the day from her. If you go to a church, many have a bulletin board and that's how I found her. We pay her $30/day. She watches 2 other 3 year old girls three days a week and I made a deal with her that if she ever desires to watch any more, she consult with me first. So far, it's working out very well.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"