7 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Weight Gain...uh oh

So...I'm 7 weeks and I have never felt so bloated in my life! I have a total "pooch" that's never been there before and I've literally gained 7 pounds. I'm 5'4" and I weighed 130, now I'm 137 already! Is anyone else feeling extra puffy Already!?

Weirdly enough, I'm not eating much due to the major lack of appetite and feeling very nauseous.  Everyone always tells me sometimes you lose weight in the beginning, but not me! :-

Re: Weight Gain...uh oh

• Options
    I am the same. I haven't been able to fit into any button/zip up pants in a couple of weeks. I look 3-4 months pregnant. Sigh. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I thought I was the only one dealing with bloating issues already lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    UGH!  I've been a blaoted little piggy from the beginning.  10 lbs for me.  I had to order the pajama jeans to have something to wear out of the house.  I refuse to buy bigger pants. LOL.  I was hoping that I'd lose weight from not being able to drink but I feel like I guzzled a keg!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have gained 6 pounds and am 7 weeks 5 days.  I haven't eaten a ton either and have a pretty healthy diet.  I have been EXTREMELY bloated for about 5 weeks now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way : ( I had my first appointment yesterday.  As amazinG it was to see our liitle blip's heartbeat, I walkes out feelin lumpy after I found out how much I gained.  I've been tired a lot over the past few weeks, and I find myself doing a lot of relaxing, lounging, and sleeping.  I'm going to ask my husband if we can get into a routine of excercising after work to curb my tiredness and feelings of lumpiness.  Thanks for your post...you're not alone : ) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yessssss.  The bloat.  I haven't even checked to see how much weight I've gained in the past few weeks because, well frankly, I'm too scared to find out and I don't want to know.  This is my second pregnancy, and I don't remember feeling this bloated with my first baby.  I weigh more going into this pregnancy too than I did with my first, so I'm really dreading gaining weight.  I just keep telling myself it is for the best cause in the world!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you all so much for your comments. It's been driving me crazy. I'm feeling puffy all over and I'm breaking out like there is no tomorrow. My skin has been clear for years, but now I feel like I'm developing a new zit by the hour. :(

I'm also feeling way more emotional than usual. I know this is all for the best cause ever, so I keep reminding myself of that too. I just feel really gross and unattractive right now.  

• Options
    I feel your pain!! Ive lost 80lbs after my 2nd child now im pregnant again im bloated and i feel big already. ill be 7weeks wensday.
  • Options

Today I began my 7th week...and I have been feeling bloated for at least the past two! Agh!

And ridiculously tired...been trying to get out and walk but definitely need to make more of an effort to motivate myself...some days all I can do is eat and sleep...

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well, ladies I have gained 5 pounds! I stood on the scale today and was upset. lol After reading some post, I see that it is really not that bad. I have felt bloated though.
  • Options

me too! I seriously look like i'm pregnant already... I weighed 130 before and now i'm pretty consistent around 135.

its terrible...very uncomfortable to even keep my pants buttoned

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My weight keeps fluctuating, which is pretty much normally does...so don't think Ive gained any weight yet at 7 weeks, 2days.  Nervous to gain too much, so trying to keep it in check! I had lost 15 lbs a year ago and don't want to gain that extra weight back just because I'm pregnant! I want to gain baby weight, not fat weight!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I dont know if Im gaining because Im afraid to get on the scale (seeing doc in 10 days so Ill know then lol) but my guess is i am, as my pants are getting really tight. :-(  I havent been eating as much so what gives?  Bloat i hope...  Ive got to keep weight gain under control as I am overweight to begin with....
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    5/25: BFP EDD: 1/25/13, 6/12: No HB detected, 6/22: MC via Cytotec. Informed of possible bicornuate uterus.
    10/2: BFP EDD: 6/1/13, 10/20: Natural MC
    12/10: ultrasound w/saline confirms septate uterus (almost complete septate). Surgery to correct scheduled 1/11/13; surgery postponed while trying to determine next course of action given results of karyotyping
    Diagnosed with balanced reciprocal translocation genetic issue
    Surgery rescheduled for 3/13/13.
  • Options
    Girrrrlllllll, im in that SAME boat with u!
    this is my second baby and it took me forever to show with my first baby and ended up having a 8 lb 1 1/2 oz boy. But im 7 weeks and lready showing like crazy! I just hope this baby is not as big as my first. Im 5'4 and I've already gained about 5 to 7 pounds weighing in at 127lbs now.. I look wayyyy heavier already. Im flat out noticeably pregnant! Shocking
  • Options
    I hear ya, I was feeling soooo fat and ugly today that I broke out in tears several times while trying to tell my hubby how huge I was feeling already...he told me I was beautiful etc but he was just all smiles and lovin every bit of it, I guess that's easy to do when its not your body going thru all the changes!
  • Options
    So glad to hear I'm not alone in this...this is my first pregnancy and I am also in week 7.  I have felt bloated almost the whole time I've been pregnant, and my husband keeps saying, "I think you're showing already!". I keep telling him sorry, I'm pretty sure that little bump is not baby, just gas and fluid retention. Definitely not as cute. (And, like you, that pooch was NOT there before!) I've gained weight but haven't had too much nausea. I'm ready for this baby to start showing!
  • Options
    Me too. I gained 10lbs, i just turned 7 weeks today. So i started walkin an hr so i won't be floppy when I get further along. But exercising helps the fatigue tho
  • Options
    Shima42Shima42 member
    edited January 2014
    I gained twelve pounds in 3 days after implantation.  There is now a three-inch gap between the button and buttonhole of my favorite jeans.  Fortunately, it's not fat, just water.  Some of us may be experiencing edema.  One way you can verify that is to find the bone on the front of your lower leg, and press slow and hard on the flat surface of the bone on the inner side.  If it indents, most of your new weight may be water.  Don't worry if it doesn't spring back right away - that's normal.

• Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels extremely bloated! I'm not even eating that much cuz of my nausea and I feel like a balloon is expanding in my stomach!
  • Options
    I am so relieved to read all of these responses! I have felt so insecure and horrible about my body. I started at 144 on my wedding day then of course gained at least 5 lbs on the honeymoon and at 7 weeks I am already at 156! I gained 3 lbs in like 2 weeks also. I am 5'6 so I don't look too bad, but it is very big for me! I keep reminding myself it's for the baby.

Mrs. Morrison

Married 9/26/14

EDD 6/26/15 

image Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"