March 2014 Moms
Options

Administering medicine

will was prescribed amoxicillin and I can't get it down him. I've given him lots of medicine and know how to do it, but this is so much of a bigger dose. I get about a third into him then he starts yelling bc it tastes bad and fights the rest. Any tips? Think it would work to mix into his milk?

Re: Administering medicine

• Options
    We have to give charlie antibiotics every night. It sucks. I squirt a little in and then stick my finger in between his gums which seems to magically stop him from spitting it out. I also chase it with the paci to help him suck it down. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    It's flavored but amoxicillin still tastes pretty horrible. Or at least according to my daughter who loves every other kind of medicine. I can't verify her claim though - I'm allergic.

I tried to squeeze a little bit in his cheek like I do with his other meds but he still spit it out. I am going to try with his little skinny syringes next. A pacifier plug is a good idea. Thanks ladies. I'm just going to keep trying!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    3 mL. And yes I bet that would be enough. But he really loves his bottle so I was hoping he wouldn't notice.
  • Options
    I'm no help either but we're going through the same thing with J's ear infection, only it's 5 ml 2x/day. If I go pretty slow he usually tolerates it better but he still hates it.
  • Options
    Apparently the infant 1mL syringe was the key. He sucked on it like a straw. Not a drop was lost! Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"