Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO wants real food!

Hi all!

So I've been researching for food feeders for my 4m LO. I'm debating over mesh or silicone food feeders. So far the brands I've gone through are Kidsme, Boon, Munchkin. Any suggestions? TIA :)

Re: LO wants real food!

• Why do you need to buy special "food feeders?"  All your baby needs is their hands or a spoon.
  • Well I want to let her try new foods without worrying about her choking and there are some foods that are too hard for her to hold. I know I can cut them into small pieces but I want to try a food feeder :) If feeders don't work out for her then I'll go back to cutting/pureeing the food for her.
  • Loading the player...
  • MeiMei364 said:
    Well I want to let her try new foods without worrying about her choking and there are some foods that are too hard for her to hold. I know I can cut them into small pieces but I want to try a food feeder :) If feeders don't work out for her then I'll go back to cutting/pureeing the food for her.
    Don't you need to cut the food to put it in the "food feeder?"  Sounds like an extra step and something else to clean. If a food is "too hard to hold" wouldn't you want her to practice and learn how to hold it?   
  • They are a waste of time IMO. 
    4m is too young anyway.

I'm not sure how you can conclude that your LO "wants real food". They want everything at this age, they are exploring. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• JayBzoJayBzo member
    edited November 2014
    I've heard good things with the Boon ones. I think it is a good idea in terms of something new/different and to help with teething etc... not necessarily just for feeding. Do what you want, I would try it. Don't be discouraged if you feel like doing it, you are the mom! That said, I have no personal experience with these things but I did get one for one of my showers (still in package LO is too little).

I am also adding though that they are recommended for 6 mos and up. 

• JayBzo said:
    I've heard good things with the Boon ones. I think it is a good idea in terms of something new/different and to help with teething etc... not necessarily just for feeding. Do what you want, I would try it. Don't be discouraged if you feel like doing it, you are the mom! That said, I have no personal experience with these things but I did get one for one of my showers (still in package LO is too little).

I am also adding though that they are recommended for 6 mos and up. 
    I was thinking of using it for teething as well for later too. The multipurpose aspect of it caught my eye. 
  • MeiMei364MeiMei364 member
    edited November 2014
    They are a waste of time IMO. 
    4m is too young anyway.

I'm not sure how you can conclude that your LO "wants real food". They want everything at this age, they are exploring. 
    I guess so. Maybe I'll wait till she's older! Haha, I guess I'm rushing it too early.
  • Thanks for all the responses! As a new mommy this helps a lot. I think I will wait until she's a little older. I guess I got to excited at all the cool "gadgets" that they have for babies out there. 
  • deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited November 2014
    Sure they don't need the gadget, but buy it if you want it. I have a mesh feeder and haven't used it yet. I just bought a basic one from babies r us for LO. He is 6 mths nov 30th.
    He has been eating since 4 1/2 months as per my drs suggestions. Normally they suggest between 4-6 months to start. We Started with cereal and moved right up to veggies and fruits.
    To each their own. I'm not interested in baby led weaning, but a lot of people are. Do what you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"