Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Introduction & feeding discussion

Hello and let me introduce myself. I have been on the January 2014 board since last year when I was preggo. I don't post very much there but I am always reading. I have a 9.5 month old DS who is my husband and my only son together. I just discovered this board about 2 weeks ago. I like that this board is for parents of 9-12 month old babies. My question/discussion topic is about feeding. DS is a great eater and always has been. I stopped BING in Aug. He eats baby food and formula. At our 9 month dr. appt. 3.5 weeks ago dr. Said we can add 2 oz. whole or 2% milk in with formula and increase periodically if DS takes it well. DS is doing fabulous with it. My concern is that DS loves baby food but is not interested in table food. He will take it sometimes. DS also does not like stage 3 chunky baby food. I'm wondering if anyone else is dealing with this? There are no problems or issues I'm just ready for him to want & like table food. Also has anyone else started adding whole milk to diets. What are your LOs enjying in their diets? Thanks for reading and tips/suggestions are welcome.

Re: Introduction & feeding discussion

• Just keep offering table food.  Is he currently eating baby food while you eat your dinner?  I'd sit him in his highchair and offer him whatever you are eating for dinner.  Let him play, explore whatever.  Then offer baby food after that.  Also, do not offer stage 3 baby foods.  There is no benefit.  It's more important to let him explore texture through real food.  

I didn't start adding whole milk to my LOs diets until after they turned 1 so I'm not sure about that part.  If your Pedi suggested and he's doing well then I don't see an issue.  
  • I didn't do a lot of "baby food."  I would offer things that are on your plate when you can.  Also, I would steam zucchini or squash in long strips so that DS can pick them up and chew them.  Don't be afraid to add spice- my son loved cinnamon especially.  

I didn't do formula or WCM that early so I'm not sure about that.
  • Loading the player...
  • W is the same way. Doctor said to keep trying and don't force it. One thing that seems to help is letting him use the fork to feed himself 'pieces' of food. It is 99% of the time a mess, but he does get the food in his mouth sometimes and seems to take it better that way!
  • Thanks for the advice/suggestions. We will keep trying.
  • GoldivaGoldiva member
    edited November 2014
    I haven't given him a pear but other fruit...h e luuvs bananas. He likes apples & strawberries.

I was concerned about milk situation but I trust my pedi...he's been a pedi for over 20 - somthg years and his father was a pedi. It's interesting how many pedi across the country and world share the same thoughts on many things and different thought on others. The Jan. 2014 board is full of mothers all over the world & i learned early on that pedis do some things by trial & error & some things by general practice (it works for most so let's see if it works for this baby).
  • Some say no eggs some say egg yolk. Some say no peanut butter some say it's ok. Some say no Sippy cup some say no harm in it. Some say no TV before 2 some say it's ok. I haven't read everything published by AAP or the WHO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"