October 2014 Moms
Options

Pad irritation?

anyone else getting uncomfortable in the nether region? I've been using always infinity pads but I feel like I'm getting my own version of diaper rash. Other suggestions?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    It is pad burn

I got it with my first
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this too when I accidentally bought the wrong kind of pad a few weeks ago. I used some of the aquaphor and tried to go without one for a few days and it cleared right up.
  • Options
    FamousEa said:

Had the same problem, I'm just changing frequently and keeping the nether regions clean and dry as possible. I go days sometimes without bleeding so if I don't have to wear a pad I don't.

I don't know when to know when I'm done. I'll go a full day without anything, then it comes back. It's never enough to do much though. I may switch to liners at least.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got that and just got me ob to prescribe some cream bc the over the counter stuff was not helping. It seems to finally be healing.

Btw. I have not been using pads for 2 to 3 weeks so if you don't have luck with it going g away on its own call your doc.
  • Options
    I got this as well.   My thing to add would be that my Mom suggested diaper rash cream on the sides (where the pad wings would be) and it worked well and took away the rash there.
    Bean - 02/19/12
    Burrito -  10/04/14
  • Options
    I definitely had this with DD1...I tried cloth pads this time and do think they are less irritating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same thing and switched from Always Ultra Thin to the basic (thick cottony) Stayfree- Problem solved! Spoke with a few friends and they said the same happened to them with Always.. A few sugessted generic cheapo pads as well.. As long as they are no-frills they should work.

Lil Pumpkin Caffrey ~ 10/3/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"