Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Organic mattress?

WA1215WA1215 member
edited October 2014 in Eco-Friendly Family
I worry about what traditional mattresses are made of, and if they are safe for an infant (as far as chemicals go). I have already purchased organic mattress pad covers but I'm still deciding on a mattress. Since I've bought organic mattress pad covers, should I still buy an organic mattress as well? And if so, what organic mattress do you recommend that is budget friendly?
**All welcome**
 Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
Married Dec. 2007
10/2013 Clomid, bfn
10/2013 HSG, all clear
11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Organic mattress?

• Options
    I was looking at the Naturepedic mattresses because they're very highly rated, but you should check out their Lullaby Earth line.  I just purchased a Lullaby Earth mattress and it was about 100$ cheaper than the naturepedic one I was planning to buy.  Plus, Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby send out 20% off coupons like crazy, so you can get it for even less.  I think with the discount mine was 160$.  They're not traditionally organic materials though; they're made of polyethylene which does not offgas.  They're also waterproof with no flame retardants.  I'm super concerned about all chemicals coming into contact with me and my baby as well and I feel comfortable using this.  I would have loved to buy the Naturepedic, but budgetary constraints are real : ).  https://www.lullabyearth.com/link_product/LE14_nochemicals.php
  • Options
    I went with the Naturepedic.  It was a little spendy, esp as compared to regular mattresses, but traditional mattresses raised enough concern for me I felt it was worthwhile.  I got mine at Kohl's and was able to stack 2 20% off coupons, so spent less than $200.  Lullaby Earth sounds like a great option too though - I wasn't aware of that one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"