Stay at Home Moms
Options

Intro

Just thought I'd say hi to introduce myself :)

I'm active on the December 2014 board. I'm due to have my first on December 22nd and plan to become a SAHM. I'm a worrier, so I'm pretty anxious about it! It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but now that the time has come I'm pretty scared. Giving up the security and identity a job brings is going to be a bit tough for me, which I wasn't anticipating. The financial stuff is a bit crazy. We bought our first home right before I found out I was pregnant, so there's lots going on for us! I'm reading through The Stay at Home Survival Guide by Melissa Stanton. Hoping to get a better idea of what it'll be like since I don't know many SAHMs.

Anyway, I hope to get to know everyone here a bit and I'm looking forward to chatting and learning from you all. :x

Since welcome posts are awkward turtle, here's a question for you!
What's your favorite and least favorite part about being a SAHM?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome!

I like being home with my kids and the flexibility it provides. I get all our errands done during the week so weekends are family time. Some days it gets a little lonely. I have a lot of SAHM friends, so we try to do lots of play dates.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    Welcome!!!  I am a December mama too :) LO was born the 18th of 2013.

I love staying home.  I love getting to see LO reach all the milestones and am so happy I don't have to miss out because he changes every day.  I love the freedom (as much as you can call it freedom when working around nap schedules) to be able to do whatever I want almost whenever I want.  I agree with PP that some days are a little lonely.  It would be nice to have someone to talk to other than the constant baby babble.  

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! My favourite thing is that we have our weekends for fun and relaxing since I can do a lot during the week. My least favourite is that DH works long hours and that makes for long days. Now that DD is in school I get more time but when she was younger it was harder.
  • Options
    Welcome :)

Favorite: Spending every day with my kids and getting to hear and see all the sweet and funny things they do.  

Least Favorite: No breaks, especially now that DS no longer naps.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Hello and welcome!
    Favorite- I feel like I get more quality time with my kids throughout the day than when I would come home exhausted from a long day at work.
    Least Favorite- While it does make sense that since I'm home more the majority of home organizing/cleaning responsibilities fall to me, it doesn't mean that I have to enjoy doing any of them.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    Welcome to the board. I hope you will find that you really enjoy staying home. My favorite thing about being a SAHM is that I have TIME. Time to spend with my daughter and really soak it all in instead of seeing her in little chunks of time here and there. My least favorite thing is the flip side of that, since my husband is not home much I often feel like a single parent and it's lonely and isolating, and exhausting as well. I wouldn't trade it, though. I know it won't last and someday I will look back with longing for these special moments.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Welcome!!!

A few years ago, several of us read that book and discussed it here on this board! It was neat to gain so much perspective from others. :)

Favorite part: complete autonomy - I don't punch a clock, answer to anyone, am free & flexible to change plans at the last minute, always being "here" when they are ill and home from school, and just getting to love on them all day.

Least favorite: the pressure to keep them entertained, socialized, engaged ALL day EVERY day

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    Welcome!
    I like having the opportunity to run my errands while h is at work & seeing my kids do all their firsts.
    Least favorite stuff is the long days and not getting a break.
    My suggestions are to make sure you get ALONE time. I love date nights but I have to remind h that he needs time alone with his kids.
    Get out & meet other sahms. Schedule play dates. Lots of free stuff to do. Also don't expect your house to be spotless. You are live there. Good luck
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"