February 2013 Moms
Options

Just curious: Your pregnancy cravings and LO's taste now

MeggiemugginsMeggiemuggins member
edited November 2014 in February 2013 Moms
Hi ladies, I've been talking about this with some mama friends IRL, but I wanted to check with you all, too. If you craved something (and subsequently ate truckloads of it) during your pregnancy), how does your LO react to that food now?  I craved tomatoes (in all forms, but especially salsa and marinara sauce) and pickles.  DS goes nuts for those foods now.

So anecdotally, do you think your LO got a taste for those foods in utero?

Re: Just curious: Your pregnancy cravings and LO's taste now

• Options
    Interesting! Haven't studies been done showing that if a pregnant woman eats spicy food, the child is more likely to like/tolerate spiciness later? I'm too lazy to go looking for them now, but I think they're out there.

I didn't crave anything specific with either of my pregnancies, so I can't give my experience with that :)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    Ahhhh finally a topic worthy of going through the trouble of logging in on my phone for. I are fettuccine Alfredo w/ chicken during my pregnancy like it was my job. (Hence the 40lb weight gain). Ds has never once turned it down. Same with avocado
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have any specific cravings. And only one aversion: cooked broccoli. Oddly enough, broccoli is one of DD's favorite veggies! She's not a picky kid though, there's only a handful of foods she won't eat.

• Options
    Yes! I craved ice cream with A, and subsequently at l lots, and she's dairy allergic. Or at the very least, very dairy sensitive.

But I came remember with the other two.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I probably drank a gallon of orange juice every couple days while I was pregnant with DS. He loves it now. This morning when I woke him up first thing he mumbled was "orange juice" LOL.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options
    kelly321 said:
    Haven't studies been done showing that if a pregnant woman eats spicy food, the child is more likely to like/tolerate spiciness later?
    omg I lived on wasabi peas while I was pregnant. Obviously I would not give him wasabi right now.

He has tried sriracha because he wouldn't leave me alone ;)
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options

Pregnancy makes me a sugar monster. I like it a lot anyways, but I cannot get enough when I am pregnant. It's terrible.

DS definitely has a sweet tooth (when we let him), but I can't really say that's a correlation.  He does love super-dark chocolate like I do, though.

I also craved Chipotle barbacoa bowls really bad with DS, but he doesn't like spicy foods right now.  Or meat, for that matter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Carbs. Specifically dry, nearly burnt toast and pasta. DS loves pasta, but not big on toast.

This time I'm craving salad so far, I could eat it every meal of the day. Hopefully this LO loves veggies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Team orange juice as well, and DD loooooooves OJ.

Also pancakes. She asked for them by name very early on LoL

• Options
    I ate spinach and beet salad almost everyday during my pregnancy, but DS won't eat steamed spinach or roasted beets. But I guess they taste different raw vs cooked. I also ate a lot of spicy foods, and surprisingly, he's actually liked the few bites we've given him.
  • Options
    I ate spicy food, and DD likes some spice. Other than that I had GD and DD is a carbaholic. Pasta with everything. I did drink a ton of lemon water and she loves her water with or without lemon. She drinks more water than anything else.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Four kids in, I can confidently say that none of them have any particular preference for the foods I craved during pregnancy. There is a big difference based on their paternity, tho. My oldest has a lot of food aversions (as do I and her biodad alike), and the three youngest will eat practically anything (as will their father). Jamie is the only one of my three younger ones who has any foods he dislikes. My craving foods with all of them were tacos and KFC and cheese and other high protein foods - none of the kids have any more interest in those foods than they do in any others. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"