Single Parents
Options

introduction

Hey everyone, thought I'd stop over here since I am a single mom to a 6 year old girl and am due in February with another daughter. Is there anyone that can tell me how it is having children almost 7 years apart?

Re: introduction

• Options

Hello, and congrats on your girls! I'm a FTM due 3/4/15, so I don't have much as far as advice goes. haha :-h

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Welcome.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is a big age gap.  I only have one child, so I can't really give you any advice.  How does your 6yo feel about you being pregnant? 

Welcome to the board.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD is super excited and has been since I told her, she's already picked out some,outfits and she even draws her sister with her when we draws or paints me pictures.
    I'm sure it will be good even with the age gap but yet I think the age gap may help them :)
  • Options
    Theres an 11 year age gap between me and my oldest sister 9 years between me and my next sister, and two and a half between my other sister. We get along actually really well. Weve alwats gotten along but we didnt have anything in common really until i became a mom which has made me really close with my second oldest sister.

So as a sibling of a lare age gap everything will be fine.
  • Options
    Theres an 11 year age gap between me and my oldest sister 9 years between me and my next sister, and two and a half between my other sister. We get along actually really well. Weve alwats gotten along but we didnt have anything in common really until i became a mom which has made me really close with my second oldest sister. So as a sibling of a lare age gap everything will be fine.
    I've got 1 similar gap. My older brother is 22 months older, my younger sister is 17 months younger, and the youngest brother is 11 YEARS after her. I was really close with all my siblings, but I remember more fighting/sibling discourse from the ones that sandwiched me. It's a bit more of a gap, but we actually learned a TON about the reality of babies. 

Becwheat's advice about tending to the oldest's needs first is golden. Seriously, there's no resentment in our house. :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    My sister and I are 9 years apart and my DS is 7 years older than DD.  My sister and I get along great but have very separate interest.  My LO's love each other and my DD is more advanced than most children he age because she copies everything her big brother does.  She walked sooner, speaks in sentences.  I love the age gap.  I was able to give them each the one on one time they needed and if I have to pay for college one will be done before the next starts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"