September 2013 Moms

Ten Things Tuesday?

I haven't posted in awhile so I wasn't going to at first, but the board is slow and I just couldn't help myself:)

Re: Ten Things Tuesday?

• 1. I've been gone for WAY too long and it makes me sad that the board is so slow :/

2. We didn't do anything for Halloween and that also makes me sad. We were going to, but DD was cranky and time got away from us.

3. DD is still taking two naps a day. Sometimes she just plays in her crib for her second one but sometimes she doesnt. And if she doesn't at least get that alone time she's a crankster. 

4. I'm addicted to looking at Thanksgiving meal ideas on Pinterest. I want to cook a big huge meal but don't have people to invite. 

5. I really need to clean my house but I've just been too busy lazy.

6. I just reconnected with my only cousin on my fathers side and found out that she had a baby less than a week after I had DD and I'm so super excited.

7. I have never actually met this cousin before. We've always lived on opposite sides of the country but at one time we were best friends over the interwebs.

8. Do we still have a Facebook group? If so, I would love to join if possible. I never did before because I didn't have one. But after moving so far away from family, I decided it was necessary.

9. We've been teaching DD to blow kisses with her hand. Now she'll put her palm to our lips for us to kiss.

10. Yesterday we were shopping and the whole time I was pushing the cart, she was trying to pry my hands off because she didn't want me to touch it. 
  • 1. I am also sad about how slow this board is, and overwhelmed at how chaotic and repetitive June 15 is. This is my first home and I'm here to stay. :)  

2. DH is finally home after a long out of town shift. He's been gone since the day after I got my BFP and I've been sick and exhausted and really missing him... so happy to have him back!  

3. I'd forgotten how terrible food aversions are! I can't even read the meal plan Monday thread. Haha.  
    4.  DD is so sweet lately. I really love this age! It's so much fun watching them become real little people!! 

5.  3 weeks until Mexico!! 

6.  We got engaged in Mexico, married in Mexico, and conceived DD in Mexico... now we are going back and taking our pregnancy announcement photos in the same spot that we had our wedding. 

7. I baked the best banana bread yesterday and I can't stop eating it.

8. I've been really struggling at the gym lately with my lack of energy, but my friend told me yesterday how motivating I am and how she would never make it there without me, so I feel obligated to keep going now! I've really slowed down but she hasn't seemed to notice.  

9.  My mom is babysitting this Saturday and we are going to go on a date! Any movie suggestions??  
    10. I took out some of our Christmas decorations this week. Judge away. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @PumpkinMommaaa  DD does that when I push the shopping cart all of the time!! Haha. I've just started piling our groceries on top of the stroller because she is always content in there.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PumpkinMommaa happy to have you here! I took a long break too but am so happy I came back.
    @Sugarkissed a date night sounds awesome. DH and I really want to see Gone Girl or The Best of Me.

1. When I go shopping with LO she likes to be held in front of the cart so that she can push it. It is really annoying because a) my arms get tired and b) it is hard to shop with a wiggling toddler in your arms. If I put her in the cart she screams or throws everything out of the cart.

2. As a result of the above I now do grocery shopping late at night when DH is home.

3. I just uncluttered two areas in my downstairs and ran/folded a load of laundry. I think that is enough work for one day.

4. I finally got another interview and it was yesterday morning. Perfect location (2 minutes away from DH's work), great benefits, flex time, and a job that I think is a perfect fit. Really hoping I hear back soon!

5. Because if I don't hear back I am really conflicted about still TTC next week. I am at a point that I either want another baby or to start a career. So conflicted because I want both but know if I got a job another baby would be off the table for a while.

6. My in-laws were here this weekend and it was miserable. I was so happy to see them out the door on Sunday afternoon. Then after they left my MIL posted pics to facebook of people she had over my house while I was out on Saturday (which I had no idea was happening) and 3-4 pics of LO watching Frozen a foot away from the tv.

7. LO started blowing kisses to us last night. Super cute!

8. I am debating on if I want to book a mini session for Christmas card photos with just LO or if I want to have it be a family picture. 

9. LO sat in a booster seat for the first time this weekend and she loved being a big girl.

10. I wish all brands sized things the same for children. LO is in 9 months through 18 months clothing depending on the brand. It is crazy. 

Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @munchkinsmama  Yay!! Congrats!!! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited November 2014
    @munchkinsmama Congrats!!

@jnetx I was just thinking today when I was making DD lunch that she doesnt get much variety. Its super hard too considering she'll love something one day and hate it the next.

ETA I give her left overs a lot from the night before for this reason
  • @munchkinsmama‌ Congratulations!!

@wowcheezits‌ Very happy to hear some positive things are happening for you :)
  • 10) I just started Grey's Anatomy on netflix, I've never watched it before
    I binge watched Grey's my Junior year of college and have been hooked ever since. Happy Watching!
    Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @PumpkinMommaaa‌ Glad to see you back. I hope everything is going well.
  • Af1004Af1004 member
    edited November 2014
    @PumpkinMommaaa also glad to see you back!
    @munchkinsmama‌ congrats, so exciting!
    @wowcheezits‌ glad things seem to be looking up.

1) I haven't been able to do TTT in a while. I started working on Tuesdays and haven't had much time to bump on those days.

2) Even with me changing my work schedule I'm not making enough money. This is the worst time of the year to not make enough money.

3) Thankfully I have some money saved up for Christmas.

4) I'm on a mission to be a better wife, mother, and housekeeper (for lack of a better word) I've been really sucking at all my jobs lately.

5) I took pictures of my niece Monday. She's 3 weeks and it was really the first time I'd gotten to spend real time with her.

6) My contact just came out while I'm trying to write this. It's really hard to put it back in one handed while holding a sleeping baby... huh I mean toddler....

7) I've got to clean house today as per number 4 plus thanksgiving is coming up.

8) I can't get DH on board with the 3 things Christmas idea... he says he likes the way we do it.....

9) DD finally took her first steps Sunday. She week only take a few every other day. She still thinks she can't do it lol.

10) I've really got to write some milestones down. I'm behind and I'm afraid I'll forget them.

Eta forgot something
  • 1. My new neice was born monday morning!

2. I've got baby fever and I haven't even got to meet her yet, uh oh!

3. LO officially has her first cold. Poor girl is all congested, I feel so bad for her.

4. I really want to sell our small starter home and buy our forever home. DH is always saying we sould wait til this or that happens, at this rate we'll retire in our starter home :/.

5. I scheduled our Christmas pictures for our family this week. It will be the first time we've had professional photos of all 3 of us together!

6. I have no clue what to do for outfits for the pictures. It will be outdoors and cold so I am thinking just nice coats and hats and mittens in black, grey, and red. I'm horrible at fashion!

7. I need to go grocery shopping since we have no food but I don't want to bring LO with me since she's sick. I wish our store delivered.

8. LO has finally started waving, it's so cute. I literally shed happy tears every time she learns/does something new because she makes me so proud! I've turned into such a sap since having her!

9. I say this quite frequently for TTT and I'm hoping I will hold myself accountable one of these times but I need to start exercising again, I just feel so terrible about myself.

10. I swear LO is going to be a snacker forever. She will not eat normal "meal" foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"