April 2015 Moms
Options

Gaining too much weight??

raven926raven926 member
edited November 2014 in April 2015 Moms
I'm 17 weeks with my first and I have already gained 10 pounds. I have a short athletic build and always was average weight (size 3 or 5) my baby belly is big! My mother keeps asking if I'm further along! Anyone else gaining this much already?

Answers

• Options
    10 lbs at 17 weeks sounds normal to me. I've already gained 9 and I'm in my 14th week. My doctor wasn't too concerned so I'm not either.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks and haven't gained anything but my appetite is horrible and still barely eat. I'm at FTM too but I know all our bodies are different and the weight will come on at different times.
  • Options
    On my bump home page it says at 17 weeks you've probably gained anywhere from 5-10 lbs. I was worried I wasn't gaining enough since I've only gained 3, but more research has showed me that everyone really is different and as long as your doctor isn't concerned you probably don't need to be either.
  • Options
    I'm 18wks with my second and look like I was at about 26 with my first :/ Everyone is going to gain and show differently I'm up about 10lb now too.
  • Options
    I was worrying a bit but then i realized my scale's messed up. I thought i'd gained 10, but my doc has me measured at 6. Still she said even if it was 10 no biggie. Just be healthy and try not to worry.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Options
    I agree with the PP, really depends on you. My Obgyn explained how it depends
    - on pre-pregnancy weight
    - body type
    - medical history
    - if you're having multiples
    - rate of how you're gaining

That being said, I'm 16+2, similar height 5'4", normal BMI, & I barely gained 2 pounds since getting pregnant. Andplusalso, i gained in the past couple weeks. I've been told not to worry. That they hope I'll be gaining a consistent 1-1.5 pounds weekly

Don't worry, stick with a happy healthy diet & it's okay to treat yourself.
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RHoPA1109‌ your comment made me double read what I had posted and I realized I typed "showed" instead of "shown". Smh.
  • Options
    I had a prenatal appointment today and have actually lost 2 lbs and weigh less than what I was before getting a bfp. I feel like this can't be the norm, but doc didn't really bat an eye about it. Just seems strange to me, since we're 17 weeks. I haven't weighed myself in over 4 weeks and just assumed that I had gained 10lbs because of the shift in my belly. Any other moms in the same boat?
    ME: 26  |  DH: 33
    Dating: March 17, 2008
    Married: May 18, 2013
    BFP: August 16, 2014
    Our rainbow baby after two losses. Rest sweetly, my angels. 

IT'S A GIRL!EDD: April 10, 2015
    (Formerly known as amandastewart51813)

• Options
    I'm actually at -13 and my midwife isn't concerned so trust your medical provider... bc they are going to be the ones in the delivery room... and if you can't trust them now, maybe consider a new one.
  • Options
    I am 16 weeks and haven't gained a pound yet, but I do have the beginning of a bump :-h I am 5'1'' and was 115 but I had gained 10 lbs from a depo shot last year that I was never able to lose until now. You could have been underweight slightly to start.
  • Options
    In pg with my first too and at my last visit (at 16w) I had gained a total of 13lbs. I'm 5'4 and have always weighed around 115lbs. My dr told me I was gaining at a normal rate. You shouldn't be worried.
  • Options
    This is my fourth pregnancy and I am pretty sure i have gained over 10 lbs at 16 weeks. I was only 105 lbs prepregnancy and am always considered underweight when not pregnant. However, in pregnancy I seem to gain close to 40lbs. I seem to need the weight to nurse afterward. I don't really lose all the weight until I stop nursing. I just don't get on the scale and track weight. it all comes off in the end.
  • Options
    SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    edited November 2014

In pg with my first too and at my last visit (at 16w) I had gained a total of 13lbs. I'm 5'4 and have always weighed around 115lbs. My dr told me I was gaining at a normal rate. You shouldn't be worried.

Do you mean "also" or #2?

ETA: I see, you meant "I'm".

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    I am up TWENTY POUNDS at 18 weeks... I am having twins, so this is okay but I feel like a tank!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've gained 12. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I gained around 10 pounds by week 8 (I'm thinking from the extra progesterone) but then I gained 0 between weeks 8 and 15. I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and not sure of where I am now. It all works out.
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and up at least 10 lbs, I don't own a scale so I'm not sure of exact numbers. With my son, I actually lost a few lbs my first tri  because I was so nauseous. I weighed less this time before conceiving, so I think my body is putting on the extra padding it needs to support the belly - and I really was into bagels for my morning sickness this time around :).  It seems like most women on this thread are in the same place, so don't worry too much. I don't agree with the mentality it's the one time in your life you can gain and not worry, we want ourselves the baby to be healthy of course, but as long as you aren't eating complete junk, your body is doing what it is supposed to do. As with everything parent related, try not to compare yourself to other people and how they are gaining/carrying!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks with my 4th baby and have already gained 15-20 lbs, which is normal for me. I started out as a size 1. My doctor saw my weight gain and said, "Good." So yeah, your body will do what it needs to do.
  • Options
    KatyInNHKatyInNH member
    edited November 2014
    I'm 18 weeks and 3 days and have gained 13 lbs. I started out at 125 and weighed in at 138 this morning.  I used to eat pretty healthy but between food aversions and not having the energy to cook, I have not been able to get myself to eat quite as well since getting pregnant. My weight gain is not a concern to me but the bad food I have been eating affecting the baby's health is. (Sidenote- I ate at Wendy's 4 times in 1 week! eek!)

~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
  • Options
    arschm02arschm02 member
    edited November 2014
    I am also an athletic build of average weight. With my son I gained 42 pounds total. I remember at my 24 week appointment I was super concerned about it. I said something to the nurse who answered, "try not to worry. Most first time moms gain closer to 40 pounds than 35." My doc told me to eat healthier. The thing is, I never really over indulged while pregnant. My normal "healthy weight" eating habits didn't change much after becoming pregnant besides the occasional bowl of frozen yogurt.

I had my son and within 4 weeks all but 6 pounds came off. I stayed at that weight for a few months until I decided to start working out again. Those 6 pounds came off within weeks and I've maintained that until this pregnancy (1.5years).

I promised myself I would not stress this time. I'm going to continue to eat what is "normal" for me and enjoy my big ol' belly while it's here. 

Also, if you're short and hardly have a torso, where else is your belly supposed to go but out?!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    I've gained 15! I'm a size 00 when I'm not pregnant. I always put on weight fast. And I'm sure like the past two pregnancies I'll gain about 40 pounds. They last two times it's come off a month or two later. Is what it is. My butt and thighs are nice and chunky at the moment. Yay. Dr isn't worries though.
  • Options

I had a prenatal appointment today and have actually lost 2 lbs and weigh less than what I was before getting a bfp. I feel like this can't be the norm, but doc didn't really bat an eye about it. Just seems strange to me, since we're 17 weeks. I haven't weighed myself in over 4 weeks and just assumed that I had gained 10lbs because of the shift in my belly. Any other moms in the same boat?

Yes I am in the same boat. I'm 15 weeks and have lost not gained but I've had bad morning sickness. With my first I gained 60 lbs. I'm hoping to only gain 25-30 this time. It was really hard to get off. I wouldn't stress about anyone's weight right now.
  • Options
    Everyone is different and if the dr was concerned he/she would let you know. Don't sweat it. I'm 18 weeks, 5'2" belly all in front with very little gain FTM. A relative is 16w with twins, a little taller than me, and doesn't seem to be showing at all and she has a toddler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"