January 2014 Moms
Options

Cold nights

We've gone from summer 80 degree temps to winter snow flurries overnight. Now that DS is cruising the crib, sleep bags are out. I'm considering a blanket, but a he moves around so much when he sleeps that I don't know that he'd keep a it on.

What's everyone doing to combat the cold?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Re: Cold nights

• Options
    I am considering a Vornado or some small heater for his room. His room is on the opposite side of the home from us, and we like it really chilly, so I hope a little heater can keep him warm while we freeze out.
  • Options
    Same here except without snow. And for the last two nights E has woken up around 3ish and I think it's because she's cold. We already do fleece footed sleepers with a blanket. Going to try and double up on the blanket tonight. She crawls and squirms around her crib a ton at night but somehow the blanket stays with her for the most part.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited November 2014
    Fleece footie pjs and I actually put warm thick socks over his feet. We have our heat turned up to 65 but it's 70 degrees upstairs. Stays pretty warm in his room. DS rolls around a lot too so I just don't feel comfortable yet giving him a blanket. He does sleep with his lovey
    ETA: I just thought of this. I did this when DS was a newborn, I may put a long sleeve onesie on under his fleece pjs. That should keep him warmer. :)
  • Options
    Fleece footy pjs and the heat turned up. LO moves so much in her sleep there's no way she would keep a blanket on her. She's always warm and has sweaty toes when she wakes so I think that's all she needs.
  • Options
    We are experiencing the same. I've been doing a fleece sleeper and she has a blanket but she lays on it. DS has a hot water bottle but I'm not comfortable with putting one in the crib with DD.

• Options
    We have a little space heater to keep the temperature constant in his room because it's usually a few degrees cooler than the other rooms because it's farthest away from the furnace. He usually sleeps in fleece footie pj's and his blankey that's he's had since transitioning to the crib at 7 months. He loves his blankey no way he'd sleep without it!

• Options
    I started using a blanket this week. We use a zipadee zip and I have no worries about him in the crib. Even with the zippy which is just cotton, he can still move the blanket if needed. I actually wanted to make sure so I spent several minutes "playing" with him in the zippy throwing the blanket over him and he threw it off every time no matter what I did. He's still wearing cotton pjs but if I get more worried about the temp I'll switch those out for fleece.
  • Options
    I have a little mover too and I tested out a blanket during a nap a few weeks ago when I was able to watch her closely. She now sleeps with it at night and she actually stays pointed in the same direction all night. It's helped her to sleep in longer stretches it seems too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    Fleece pj's and a baby afghan.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have a afghan her size and fleece jammies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS typically wears regular cotton Jammies with a onsie underneath but on bath nights he wears fleece Jammies. He's been using an afghan since summer time and now uses two of them. He moves quite a bit if he wakes up but the blankies never end up by his face.
  • Options
    Fleece jammies. We keep his room 69-70. He has a blanket and loves it. He moves constantly but always seems to keep the blanket with him because he likes it so much.

• Options
    mamatoosh said:

@blue_elle‌ we're still using an a&a sleeping bag even though he's cruising around and haven't had a problem. Have you tried it?

@mamatoosh‌ i haven't. He gets tripped up on his own feet sometimes, so adding a bag around him seemed like a recipe for falls.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    We use fleece footy pjs and a sleep sack.  She can crawl and walk with the sleep sack.  I put an air reflector on the vent so now the heat blows towards her crib instead of just up into the curtains. 

There are sleep sacks that have the legs separated if you are worried about your LO tripping - https://smile.amazon.com/HALO-SleepSack-Lightweight-Wearable-Blanket/dp/B008VWVSQO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1415071591&sr=8-10&keywords=sleep+sack
  • Options
    cpm1223cpm1223 member
    edited November 2014
    @blue_elle‌ we're still using an a&a sleeping bag even though he's cruising around and haven't had a problem. Have you tried it?
    @mamatoosh‌ i haven't. He gets tripped up on his own feet sometimes, so adding a bag around him seemed like a recipe for falls.
    I know every kid is different but we are still using a sleep sack without trouble. DS cruises around his crib and doesn't seem bothered by it. I do think it has to have enough room for the feet to move though. We sized up for this reason a couple of months ago.

Same here! LO can crawl and stand up in his crib with the sleepsack on.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    DS is so bundled up right now. His room is cold even with the heat turned on, I think it's our old system. The a/c doesn't work as well in certain bedrooms too, it sucks. So we do footie pj's, a fleece sleep sack, and a blanket (sometimes two blankets!). He loves being extra warm to sleep though, we realized this through trial and error, and the blankets work because he doesn't tend to toss and turn.
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• Options
    My H shrink wrapped the kids' windows. Doesn't look ghetto like I thought it would. DD is still in the sleep sack. It's fleece. She still cruises her crib in that, but she's not really in there that long while awake. I usually get her as soon as she's awake and she falls asleep or lies down immediately, so I'm not worried about falls. We also have mini heaters in their rooms with thermostats so we can set it to 68 or 70 degrees.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"