September 2014 Moms
Options

Pelvic pain

hey any second time moms experience any pelvic bone pain after first child.... Sometimes it feels like it is going to break in half if I squat or lift sometimes ... I understand I just pushed a child out and it may take some time heal but I'm just concerned because next week is my 6 week follow up visit with my OB and I am supposed to get cleared for work just wondering when this has resolved for everyone else ? I am a nurse and lift a lot... Have to be able to bend and am on my feet for almost twelve hours straight

Re: Pelvic pain

• Options
    My left hip has felt like its going to pop out of place periodically and has done so since my first was born (she's 16 months.) I've been told it will eventually stop but it takes some time
  • Options
    Oh no! Well I hope it at least stops hurting before then (16 months) lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No pain but my lower back cracks constantly. If I sit do t for any length of time when I stand up it either pops or feels like it needs to
  • Options
    Omgoodness hope you start feeling better Yuristar I couldn't imagine still hurting like that mine is like bone pain when I squat or lift
  • Options
    Short version: pelvic pain is not a normal pp issue. 

I'm experiencing pelvic pain as well.  My OB diagnosed it as a sacroiliac joint issue and my chiropractor confirmed that today.  I am 7 weeks pp and taking ibuprofen for it like candy (and I am not a med taker normally).  Apparently, abdominal exercises will strengthen my carriage and ease the pain.  So far, I have not been able to do core exercises and was not cleared for working out.  Ugh. show your doctor exactly where your pain is when you have your appt. Maybe he can help.  I have had 6 children and this is the first time I have ever experienced pelvic pain afterwards.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's exactly what I was wondering ... It doesn't seem as bad as yours mind isn't hurting constantly to the point where I need a pain reliever all the time it hurts whenever I am using to for lifting or squat... And sex ... I don't even know how that's going to go ... Wonder if he's going to clear me then... Ah! I just don't want to make it worse doing these things and end up in constant pain.
  • Options
    Lol, that was the only thing I was cleared for, but no way is it happening.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah as much as I'm mentally ready for it ... I don't think it's happening anytime soon.. I hope I'm cleared to exercise because I really need to haha that's for sure I'm still eating like I'm pregnant
  • Options
    @kateronium‌ I had tgat with DS1 and it took weeks of physical therapy to fix. It returned with DS2 during my first few months but I saw a PT to head it off. But at week 34 I got mad pelvic pain likely pelvic joint dysfunction that still acts up if I walk a lot.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Options
    Oh jeez well I hope this isn't going to require PT... I'll find out Friday when I see my OB I guess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"