Parenting
Options

Cooking help!! Need a vegetarian side dish for approximately 20 people

I was just assigned this for the neighborhood progressive dinner.  The host suggested green beans but is open.  We have some neighbors that are vegetarian (so no green beans with bacon).  Also, this is the third course so I'm thinking crock pot or something I can mostly precook and then finish/warm at the end.  Could I boil/blanch green beans and then saute them right before we eat?

TYIA!

Re: Cooking help!! Need a vegetarian side dish for approximately 20 people

• Options
    Roasted winter squash? Or roasted Brussels sprouts or carrots? That would be easy to do ahead and reheat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought about squash but since they are also serving a heavy rice pilaf I think they wanted something a little more "veggie" than carb, if you know what I mean. I think that roasted balsamic green bean recipe looks good (I don't know how to tag people on this).  Do you think we could make it ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven for a minute or two to warm up and serve?
  • Options
    Meeshe said:
    I thought about squash but since they are also serving a heavy rice pilaf I think they wanted something a little more "veggie" than carb, if you know what I mean. I think that roasted balsamic green bean recipe looks good (I don't know how to tag people on this).  Do you think we could make it ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven for a minute or two to warm up and serve?
    Yes, you can make it ahead of time and then rewarm it. :)
  • Options
    Great thanks.  I will confirm with the host that it works for her.  I noticed it said to use flash frozen instead of fresh green beans.  Have you ever tried fresh?  Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Meeshe said:
    Great thanks.  I will confirm with the host that it works for her.  I noticed it said to use flash frozen instead of fresh green beans.  Have you ever tried fresh?  Thanks so much!
    Yes, it works great with fresh!
  • Options
    You can make this in 2 9X13 pans. All the veggies can be precut and seasoned and baked the day of https://kitchentandav.blogspot.com/2013/05/vegetable-tian.html
  • Options
    The green beans were a hit DragonBlood13.  Thanks so much!  Even my daughter was sneaking them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"