February 2015 Moms
Options

Blood Type

dreemkin84dreemkin84 member
edited October 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Just because I'm curious now.
PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

Blood Type 257 votes

O+
27% 70 votes
O-
8% 23 votes
A+
27% 70 votes
A-
11% 29 votes
B+
10% 27 votes
B-
2% 6 votes
AB+
4% 12 votes
AB-
2% 6 votes
I don't know what my blood type is yet
5% 14 votes

Re: Blood Type

• Options
    B+ also!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's unusual to see so many of us with B+ and kinda cool!

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
  • Options
    I'm O-
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @krendel1990‌ I don't think it means anything like that (although there are different percentages of types in different ethnicities). It is just what antigens are on our red cells.

• Options

I am the rare O-

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Really? You think so... I always heard B+ was like the most common blood type. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    B+ here too!
  • Options
    Another B+ here!
  • Options
    My blood gets an A+ :) Before I was pregnant with DS I would donate every time the blood drive came around work (every 8 weeks or so I think). The Red Cross kept sending me info about the next blood drive since my blood didn't have certain stuff in it so that preemie babies, and people going through chemo, etc could get it. I forget all the scientific wording now. I'll blame motherhood ;)

I got DH to donate once or twice since he has O- and they are always wanting/needing it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm B+ too! My parents have 4 of us, I'm the only B+, my siblings are O+

As for population distribution, A is more common than B, but the distribution is different amongst different racial groups.  I'm part Asian, I remember seeing the split being pretty even, B+ is like a third of the population.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2014
    jaztastic said:

Really? You think so... I always heard B+ was like the most common blood type. 

It is the second rarest, well B that is. Not sure about the +\-

• Options

• Options
    I unfortunately have such horrible veins that I can't donate. They have a hard enough time taking blood from when for tests. I would love to donate since I'm O- :(
  • Options
    Woooo for being a Universal Donor! O neg here!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A- here

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Options

Without doing this poll you could have discovered that in the White (non-Hispanic) population:
    The four common blood groups in the ABO/ABH system are:

O (45%)

A (40%)

B (11%)

and AB (4%)

And, that is what your poll shows despite the racial diversity. Yay! Statistics!!

(Around 80-85% of people are Rh+...btw)

@dreemkin84

Yup science yo!

• Options
    I'm having a science fit today apparently. :)
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    @chicagojackie‌ what do you do that you know this? I could work in blood bank but I ended up in microbiology. I have to stay current in all parts of the lab though. There's so much to blood! It's crazy.

• Options
    @dreemkin84 The ABO system is fascinating and I really only understood maybe the 4th or 5th time I studied it myself. I work at the hospital.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    @dreemkin84‌ and @chicagojackie‌ what do you guys do? Are you Med Techs?
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014

@dreemkin84‌ and @chicagojackie‌ what do you guys do? Are you Med Techs?

I am! I am a generalist. I used to work in chemistry and hematology but since I went part time after having Norah, I went to microbiology (which is a whole other beast). We are neighbors to the blood bankers (open lab design).

Eta: Spelling

• Options
    Another B+ checking in. DH has no idea what he is!
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    O- here
  • Options
    @chicagojackie‌ so you saying I really am super special with my AB- blood :)
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options

AB+

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mrdcle said:

@mands1125‌ I'll admit-I had no clue what I was until I got my first batch of pregnancy blood work done. Oops hahs.

Same here.
  • Options
    I always thought i was B+ but now i think they said B- but can't even remember anymore lol 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mrs&mrsk if your were B- you would need and RH shot (may be wrong but thats what I was told).  Has your dr mentioned that to you???
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mrs&mrskmrs&mrsk member
    edited October 2014
    schnitz9 said:
    @mrs&mrsk if your were B- you would need and RH shot (may be wrong but thats what I was told).  Has your dr mentioned that to you???
    I'm getting tested with my glucose within the next 4 weeks (gotta go to the lab).  She told me yesterday B- but they didnt make it seem like it's necessary until they know the results of whatever this other test is.  I will ask the lab when I go. 

I'm 90% sure the RE told me I would have to but that was like 6 months ago so i dont really remember. In the beginning it was so hard to remember and keep track of all the info everyone was giving me! Especially without knowing what it meant back then!
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Both hubby and I are A+. We found out during what was supposed to be a routine hospital visit for my already broken tail bone, back in high school. But I turned out to be anemic due to low iron as well, and my hubby (who was my boyfriend at the time) volunteered to have his blood tested for a fresh transfusion, instead of the blood bags, and he and I share the same blood type!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 0 negative getting Rh shot on friday with my glucouse test.
  • Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited November 2014
    A- here!

This reminds me!! I need to call the hospital to set up my RH shot! They called a few weeks ago, but I was driving and told them I would call back.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A+ here
  • Options
    jaztastic said:

Always "Be Positive" over here

Going to echo @jaztastic & say that being positive is in my blood. ;)
  • Options
    I donate blood so every other month they tell me how special I am ;). I'm O-

But in all seriousness, my grandpa survived with leukaemia for 10 years, and some days he would have to have 3 blood transfusions. I am forever grateful to those who took the time to donate and help my grandpa survive as long as he did. I can't wait to get back to donating (even though if have deep veins and they go digging every time, making me look like an addict with big bruises).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"