May 2015 Moms
Options

When to tell everyone

today I had my 2nd drs appt. baby heart beat is 165 and tomorrow I'm at 11 weeks!! I just wanna tell everyone now!! You think I should wait a few more weeks or do I just let it all out. I'm so private with personal stuff but so open wih superficial stuff I'm having a hard time!

Re: When to tell everyone

• Options
    greks84greks84 member
    edited November 2014
    It's totally up to you. I'm waiting until 13 weeks though which will be this Thursday. My next doctors appt is this weds and assuming I still have two strong heartbeats I'm going to shout the good news from the rooftops! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    The closest people in our lives already know as we have been slowly expanding our circle since we found out. We are announcing to the world tomorrow and I'm super excited about it! I will be 11wks 6days. I'm a FTM and I have been so nervous about this pregnancy and finally feel in a comfortable spot where I want to share. I would recommend making this decision personal and about when you are ready instead of based on social norms.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Oh and yes our immediate family and close friends know! We just haven't gone "public" quite yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I haven't told anyone yet and it's killing me! This will be the first grandkid on my side so I cannot wait to spill the beans! We are waiting until after we get out results from our NT scan (which hopefully will be this Friday).

I think you are fine to tell people now. Like a PP said, there are risks no matter what trimester you are in so you might as well tell everyone if that is what you want to do.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I told everyone on Halloween. I'm 13 wks today.

imageimage

• Options
    We told everyone between 12 and 14 weeks. My last apt was at 12 weeks and now I am already second guessing my decision. Omg, am I still pregnant? Is everything ok? How am I going to untell people...yada, yada, yada.

It was important to me to wait until the NT scan came back with no problems.

Tell when you feel comfortable. There is no magic time.
  • Options
    We announced at 12 weeks after a good ultrasound.  If I didn't have that ultrasound at 12 weeks, I probably would have waited for my 14 week apt to hear the heart beat one more time. 

~Mama to two daughters and baby #3 coming soon~
  • Options
    I don't know if I am going to officially tell people. This will be my fourth. My youngest is 6 months. I had an iud in but obviously it didn't work for me! I have had to hear so many comments after getting pregnant with and having my third, actually had people say some stupid things recently since they do not know I am pregnant, and I don't want to hear anymore and I do not feel the need to explain my reproductive issues and birth control failures. With my others I told everyone at about 13 weeks but I have a history of miscarriage so I have been super paranoid about about telling people.
  • Options
    We waited until 15 weeks with DS and we will wait until after 17 with this pregnancy.

I don't like the special attention and time seems to slow down once you announce...so we're going to keep pretending we are not pregnant. :)

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    All of my really close family and friends have known for awhile but I've decided I'm going to tell all of my coworkers next Monday, I'll be 13 weeks! I've been super nervous about telling people because I haven't had the easiest 1st trimester I've had bad cramping, bright red bleeding, and clotting. Found out I had blood underneath my placenta and had a high risk of miscarrying so needless to say things have been scary. But my baby is still doing great heart still beating strong and I haven't had any spontaneous bleeding in about 3 weeks so I told myself it's time to stop being afraid and share my news! Good luck to you :)
  • Options
    My family and close friends know, but I am going to announce at work at our staff meeting on Wednesday.  I actually want to wait until after my appointment next week (15w), but I'm keeping my FX that everything will be fine! 

May 2015 Siggy Challenge - You Had One Job
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm waiting to get my CVS results before i tell my parents; i know they will want to micromanage so i'm a bit hesitant. And there are lots of changes going on at work so i'm in no rush to announce there. Both my husband and i have told our best friends who live far away but otherwise no one know yet.
  • Options
    Personal decision- tell when you are ready and feel comfortable. Some people tell immediately. Some wait till 2nd trimester or longer.
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    I don't really think there is a "right" time to tell. It's really when you feel comfortable in sharing your news. Most women like to wait until they're past those 12 weeks since the rate of m/s drops after. We started telling family and close friends at 12w after our genetic tests.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    I waited until 14 weeks. I had my appointment at 13 weeks and 3 days so it wasn't that hard to wait. But I felt so much better about sharing after seeing everything was okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Our parents and DH's sister know. And our closest friends know. 

We will announce after first tri is over. And most likely not until after Thanksgiving, and that'll be sometime around 15 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We've been telling close family and friends along the way.  It became "facebook official" last night at 11w1d.  My sister and I both announced them last night on facebook :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"