1st Trimester

Severe Tail Bone Pain?

Hello all :). I'm 7 weeks pregnant and this past week I started experiencing the worst pain ever in my tail bone. It's all day but especially at night and after work. Has anyone or is anyone else going through similar symptoms? Any remedies?

Best Answer

• ladycerseiladycersei member
    Answer ✓
    It wasn't a symptom of pregnancy with me. It was the result of giving birth to my first child "sunny side up". His skull pressed so hard against my spine that my tailbone literally hasn't been the same since.
    Aches and pains in random places are normal. There's very little you can do for a sore, bruised, or broken tailbone since it's in such an awkward area. Sitting on padded seats or cushions help.

Answers

• I experienced that with the first baby...not yet with this one but im not far along so I am sure its coming
  • Loading the player...
  • I get this too, for me it is from the relaxin hormone that lets your pelvis ligaments relax and the two halves separate a bit and it causes tailbone pain and hip pain for me because my hips partially dislocate. Usually it happens later in pregnancy but for my mom and me it starts early. I see a chiropractor and I also bought a hip brace on Amazon (search it's you babe hip brace) that has helped stabilize things a lot! It could also be sciatica.
  • Thanks so much guys!! All very helpful
  • OMG! I thought it was me going crazy. Mine is killing me too! I am 6 wks.
  • I'm almost 14 weeks and the tail bone and hip pain is ridiculous. I try stretching in the morning, but nothing helps in the evenings:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"