December 2014 Moms
Options

postpartum corset/girdle?

So I am thinking of purchasing a girdle/corset and wearing it as soon as I can after giving birth. I have been doing some research about them but I want to hear real reviews from you guys. Bellefit is the best I hear to purchase from. Do these things really help you heal quicker/shrink your uterus or are they a hoax? I also hear they help you slip back into those pre pregnancy clothes a lot quicker too!!
Thanks!!

Re: postpartum corset/girdle?

• Options
    kbrangard said:

So I am thinking of purchasing a girdle/corset and wearing it as soon as I can after giving birth. I have been doing some research about them but I want to hear real reviews from you guys. Bellefit is the best I hear to purchase from. Do these things really help you heal quicker/shrink your uterus or are they a hoax? I also hear they help you slip back into those pre pregnancy clothes a lot quicker too!!
    Thanks!!

That sounds so uncomfortable...
    image  imageimage

D14 mama with an O14 baby.
  • Options
    All my mommy friends highly suggest them. I just ordered my Bamboo Belly Bandit and am excited to wear it to help shrink my body back. Obviously will work out and eat right but it wouldn't hurt to have a little extra help! It can also provide support if you have a csection. (So I've been told).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting, I was wondering the same thing...
  • Options
    I never had one with #1 or #2. Don't plan to this time around either.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have the bellefit. I used a girdle after having my other two kids and for me it worked. I went right back to my pre pregnancy clothing after 2 months. Of course i ate healthy and started working out right after I was given the ok. A lot of women tho don't like it, I guess it depends. Everyone is different. I'm excited to wear my bellefit right after I give birth.. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

6th pregnancy, 4th baby

BFP 12/08/2015

Beta #1 12/08/2015 (3097)

Beta #2 12/11/2015 (6033)

• Options
    beachy6 said:

I can't even fathom for one second that this is comfortable. I was back to my pre-pregnancy size and weight shortly after having DS and I never did this. My entire midsection was sore from contractions and pushing. No clue how this is necessary. But, again, I'm old.

Also, no one is looking at you after you have a baby anyway. You will no longer exist. Everyone's eyes go directly to the baby, not your gut. Let your body take it's time getting back. It just went through some major changes in less than a year.

This is what I think too. Everyone worries about "getting their body back" and it is encouraged by how fast celebrities do it. Honestly, some people's bodies bounce back pretty quick (especially if they are breast feeding) some take longer- let your body heal on it's own. If you don't see results around 9 months then start working hard... IDK maybe I'm old too- it's been almost 10 yrs since my last one. We didn't worry about these things then, and I don't plan to worry about them now. 

However, if you try it out I hope it works for you- just don't feel like you have to b/c your friends/other moms are. 
  • Options
    I plan to get a bellafit..... I didn't do anything after my son was born and was fine, but this time I am having a c-section and k hear having the support around your middle helps with the pain and such. Sounds better than the tip of
    Holding a pillow to your belly every time you sneeze, fart, or laugh. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I plan on getting one along with diet c and exercise. Only because this is my 4th pregnancy and I carry my weight in my belly. So hopefully it will help get those muscles back in place
  • Options
    I used the binder the hospital offered me. <3 it! Well, it took a day or 2 to get use to it and it is a PITA to put on, but well, after a Csection, it helped keep things in place. Which in turn meant less pain and easier to move. Yes, a perk was that I also fit into things easier. Not that I wanted anything tight on because of the Csection. I wish I had known about them with the first 3 kids.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    A girdle sounds absolutly miserable to me! I plan on nursing and that alone will be the best thing to get my uterus back to normal size. As for losing my baby fat.... I was concerned about that when I was younger. But now I really could care less on how long it will take to get back to my fighting weight. I just want to enjoy and focus on my baby! The weight will come off in due time with good old fashion exercise and good nutrition.
  • Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited November 2014
    Nope. Nope. And nope. Your body is never the same after pregnancy and I plan to embrace it. I've gained and lost a lot of weight in my life. My body is capable of amazing things. I plan to let nature take it's course and not be uncomfortable just to be able to fit in a pair of jeans that much sooner. Nope.
    All of this. If it makes you feel better OP, go for it. My only advice is to make sure you don't wear it too often and you do some core workouts with it off. You don't want those muscles to atrophy or it'll defeat the purpose.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Options
    I will use a binder that the hospital gave me when I had DD.  But I'm using it more to help with the pain from c-section.  I find it extremely annoying to wear, but it does lessen the pain when moving around after a c-section.  If I was having a vaginal birth, I definitely wouldn't use it.
    BFP 5/6/12 MC 5/23/12
    BFP 7/22/12 DD born 4/9/13
    BFP 4/11/14 EDD 12/18/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I bought one only because I know I’m having a c-section and baby will be in the NICU immediately. Anything to make it easier and less painful to go see him. Seems like a cross between a back brace and spanx to me.

• Options
    I will use one this time around. I didn't with dd1 but I did go back to my flat stomach. However, I feel more stretched out this time around lol, and my mom recommended it. Both my mom and my MIL have flat tummies and they both used the binders. I don't think it's as easy as hoping for breastfeeding to help you "bounce" back to your original shape. The binder supposedly helps to hold your organs together/ firmly during those first few weeks post partum.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have c-sections and like some extra abdominal support for a few weeks post surgery so I used the belly binders/girdles for that purpose.

The belly bandit did not work for me at all. It slid up and down and was extremely bulky under my clothes and made me sweat like crazy. I was constantly adjusting it and tugging at it. It was also extremely stiff and dug into me when I was trying to breast feed. The material actually started to get a crease from where it was folding funny when I sat down. I am 5'3" so I wonder if it was just too long for my torso.

The bellefit was a whole different world. It was a total pain to get on or off, but it was worth it. Once I had it on, it was very supportive but not too stiff that I couldn't move naturally. It breathed fairly well. I don't know if it did anything to speed up my ute shrinking but I wasn't wearing it for that purpose.
  • Options
    I used a bellefit and a shrinx hips together starting about a week PP. My hips ended up 3" smaller than they were pre pregnancy and I was very happy about that. I'll definitely be doing it again.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    FYI sucking in your stomach or using a "belly binder" doesn't make you loose weight or gain lost muscle back after a pregnancy. This is just insain. I wish I was the one who came up with this gimmick so I'd be making millions off of all of you right now.
  • Options
    Yes! I wore one (babies r us brand) and I wore a thing called "shrink hips" (I can't remember the correct spelling). It was a tight band that stretched around my hips. It was awkward for sure but my belly and hips went back smaller than they were to begin with. I read that for about 8 weeks post partum you still have the hormone relaxin in your system which allows for the ligaments/joints to loosen- if you wear that hip band it pulls your hips back together. I plan to do this again.
  • Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited November 2014
    Am I the only person who loves woman-sized hips? I had unattractive little boy hips before pregnancy so that's one body change I'm cool with. It'll make my stomach look thinner anyway ;)
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Options
    We got a puppy. Im just gonna run around after him and hope for the best lol
  • Options
    My hubby told me he thinks women are more beautiful after they have children because they have wider hips? Ha! I won't be using a girdle I don't think. I might wear my belly band just for a bit of support and to help smooth out my tummy
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"