January 2013 Moms

Walking on tippie toes

my 21 month old just started walking on her tippy toes today. Anyone else's LO doing this. I have a lot of experience working with kids on the autism spectrum so I immediately got nervous, as this is something a lot of children with autism do. However, she has never shown me any other signs. She's extremely social and her vocabulary is extraordinary. Would you be worried? TIA
BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Walking on tippie toes

• chrissynenachrissynena member
    edited November 2014
    DD has been walking on her tip toes for as long as I can remember. I always call her ballerina. I have never been worried about it being a sign of autism. I was worried about her speech, but she was tested by an early learners program and said she is just fine.

Edit to say she doesn't do it 100% of the time. I'd say maybe 20%.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Sep5BrideSep5Bride member
    edited November 2014
    My daughter does this a lot, but she seems to just be playing. If it's not all the time it wouldn't concern me. Also, my younger sister was a "toe-walker" and she outgrew it. Something to watch and ask about at the next pedi appt maybe, but otherwise it doesn't sound like a problem to me.

• Loading the player...
  • My friend has a 4 year old who walks on her toes. Always has & she's normal. Maybe bring it up the next time your at the Dr. but I probably wouldn't schedule a special appointment for it unless there are other things you notice changing. 
  • Omg thank you for posting this! My anxiety is rearing its ugly head again and DD is suddenly walking tip-toe periodically and I'm like "what if she's vitamin deficient?!?!" Lol. Sigh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jacey does it sometimes, I think its just something they tend to do every now and again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter does this from time to time. The pediatrician actually asked how she walks and when I mentioned she tip toes occasionally he said to watch it and if she does it a lot she may need physical therapy because it strengthens different parts of the feet/legs and weakens others
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"