Stay at Home Moms

Monday's GTKY

I'm sorry if you find these GTKY posts annoying, but with so many new people around, it's a good way to get to know each other.
1) What is your favorite song?
2) If your best friend had to describe you in 3 words, what would she say?
3) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
4) What is the nicest thing you ever done for someone else?
5) Any tattoos or piercings?
6) If you were to have a social drink, what is your drink of choice?
7) What is the one thing you could not live without? (excluding family and children)
8) Do you have a bucket list, what is the craziest thing on it?
9) What would your dream job be?
10) What was the last thing that made you cry?

Re: Monday's GTKY

• 1) What is your favorite song?
    I'll take today over yesterday by Gary Allen
    Funny, great listener, caring
    My BF arranged a surprise B Day party with my 5 best friends. It meant so much, as they have never met each other, and to have them all in the same place was amazing.
     I traveled 14 hrs just to surprise my friend, it was only a 4 hr visit, and had to turn around and head back.
    6 tattoos, which if you knew me IRL, is quite the surprise.
    Whipped vodka
    7) What is the one thing you could not live without? (excluding family and children)
    Probably my horses
    To road trip across the States.
    To train police dogs.
    It was a song on the radio

• jag101 said:
    I'm sorry if you find these GTKY posts annoying, but with so many new people around, it's a good way to get to know each other.

1. Currently, Taylor Swift's Shake it Off and Jessie J.'s Bang Bang.  I fully recognize that I have the musical taste of a 13 year old.  
    2. Loyal, kind, patient
    3. A mechanic drove my kids and I home and then brought our car to us when it was done.  We are a single car family and my DD was 2 months old at the time.  Our car was acting up and it ended up having a ton of things wrong with it and the repairs would take hours.  The mechanic was also a mom and felt bad for me waiting at the garage all day with an infant and toddler.  It was so kind of her.
    4. We bought a gift card to a grocery store for one of DH's co-workers that was having a hard time financially.  DH put it on her desk anonymously.  
    5. Ears pierced
    6. Dr. Pepper - I don't drink alcohol
    7. Books
    8. I want to write a mystery.
    9. Librarian
    10. When I was in labor with DD

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
    This is really hard for me to pick! Some of my favorite bands right now are Spoon and the War on Drugs. Beck's latest album is pretty awesome. And I am obsessed with "The Trailer Song" by Kacey Musgraves.
    Tidy, fun, loyal.
    My Dad consistently is amazing to me and is always surprising me with generosity. One thing that comes to mind is when he paid off the balance of my student loans as a complete surprise.
    4) What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone else? 
    I try to always, always keep people's secrets and not gossip. I will always offer to throw a shower or birthday party for people. That kind of stuff. I wish I had one "big" act of generosity to report but I'm currently drawing a blank on that!
    Just one hole in each ear lobe.
    Dirty martini. Or an Old Fashioned.
    Good fiction. Reading an amazing book is really restorative for me.
    I don't have a bucket list but I really ought to make one. I wish I was more adventurous.  
    Artist and volunteer. I am working towards this. 
    Realizing how fleeting my three year old's innocence and sweetness will be in the grand scheme of life. He wanted to be a ladybug for halloween and the gentle sweetness of it made me cry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Cave by Mumford and Sons or Mr. Brightside by The Killers
    Chill, Funny, Responsible
    My son was born 6 weeks early. Of course, all of the people we had lined up to watch our daughter were either out of town or busy when I went into labor. Our last resort was a 23 year old male co-worker/friend of my husband who had zero to no childcare experience. But, without even a second guess, he rose to the occasion. He bought her breakfast and lunch, played legos with her almost all day, and even unloaded and loaded our dishwasher until my mom was able to relieve him of duty. 
    The camp I worked at was space themed ;) Each group got to participate in at least two "missions." I had this 9 year old girl in my group who was bound and determined to be a female commander and one of the first women on Mars. She wasn't assigned the Commander position in either mission, so I begged and pleaded for a switch so she could live her dream. She ended up doing a PHENOMENAL job and won a special award at the end of the week because of it.
    My ears. I fear commitment.
    Some type of hard cider.
    Chapstick.
    Not officially. I would love to live abroad for at least a year though.
    Make-up artist a la Face Off
    An episode of The Knick.  One of the doctors accidentally gave his infant daughter meningitis and it was painful to watch the baby and parents suffer. Worst fear realized sort of thing. 

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited November 2014

I don't have a single favorite. I have many. But the two that immediate come to mind are contemporary classical pieces by Clint Mansell. "Death is the road to awe" and "Lux Aeterna." The latter was inspiration behind changing my name. Both are very symbolic.

Hmm. Aside from my husband, I don't have a best friend, but I have a handful of really good friends. Most would describe me as analytical/objective, introspective and intelligent.

I've had a lot of people do really great things in terms of support/comfort during hardships. A woman I only knew from a debate group I posted on offered to crochet me a blanket after my first son died. That meant a great deal to me, especially during the early grieving/mourning period.

I can't think of any particular thing. I make myself available to those in need of support and comfort. I always try to listen with an objective ear, and simply empathize with others.

Many piercings and 24 tattoos (and counting).

I'm not sure. It depends on my mood. Possibly a mixed drink flavored with chocolate or anything dessert-like.

Bacon, salmon, avocados, movies, music, video games, dark chocolate, butter, coconut milk, sushi, my favorites in my collection of niche and indie perfume, and a really good lip moisturizer. 

I don't have one yet.

If I could use a magic wand, philosophy or comparative religion professor. 

The series finale of House. DH and I re-watched the entire series over the last few months. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• 1. Right now its Shake it Off. i can't not sing to that damn song.
    2. Thoughtful, funny, anxious.
    3. The first breastfeeding group I went to, I expressed a fear of being too lonely and another mom offered to meet up forbwalks etc. I thought that was so nice because I was a compkete stranger.
    4. I do pictures for my friend of her kids.
    5. Ears pierced small tattoo on my back. Its a Chinese symbol.
    6. Ginger ale. No alcohol here either.
    7. Sweets.
    8. I want to fly a plane.
    9. Maternity nurse
    10. I got teary today talking with other moms about how fun and exciting being pregnant and having a new baby was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Hmmm...."You'll Never Be Alone" by Capital Kings.
    2. Kind, caring, sweet
    3. When I was pregnant with DD, I had a doctor's appointment one day. DH was supposed to be home to watch DS. However, he got a flat tire and so was taking the tire in to be fixed. DS had just fallen asleep for his nap. So I called a gal that lives in my neighborhood that I was just getting to know. She came over and sat in my house until DH got home so that DS could still take his nap and I could go to my appointment.
    4. We watched a friend's DD while she was in labor with their DS until grandma could come. Grandma lived like 5 hours away, so we had DD all day.
    5. Ear pierced
    6. Pepsi, no alcohol here either
    7. No idea
    8. No bucket list
    9. I don't want to sound cliché, but being able to be home with my kids is my "dream job".
    10. When we had DD dedicated in church a month ago. The Sunday we had her dedicated was the same weekend a year ago that we had our mc. As I was standing in church on the dedication Sunday, I was reflecting on where I was emotionally a year ago. I still miss that baby, and am so very thankful for DD.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• 1) What is your favorite song? My guilty pleasure when driving anywhere at the moment is "all about the bass" when it comes on the radio.

Good listener, whacky, loving

3) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? My friend and coworker when I lived in Boston used to come stay at my house with me while DH was out of town on business so I didn't have to be alone.

I'll be watching my cousin in laws twin boys on occasion for free starting next Monday.

4 tattoos, three holes in each ear, and two body piercings at the moment. Not sure if they are still good since DD is breastfeeding and I haven't bothered even trying to put the bars in. I'm contemplating getting my nose pierced again now that I am a SAHM.

My made up drink: Blonde Whiskey Sour. It's a whiskey sour made with Honey Jack Daniels. Sooo good.

Coffee. And my naughty Shiba Inu, Jackson.

I want to get to every continent before I die. So far, I've only managed two.

Art historian or sommelier.

One of the songs at church on Sunday. I always seem to cry at church.

And just for funsies, here's a picture of my fur baby.
    Hmm that is a hard one. Right now I think I will have to go with either "Springsteen (extended Born to Run version)" or "Give Me Back My Home Town" by Eric Church.

Loyal, Outgoing, Blunt

When my dad surprised my bff and I with a weekend of shopping in Chicago for our high school graduation presents.

I always try and pay-it-forward and do little random acts of kindness when I can. But one of the best things I am most proud of is when I put together and threw a surprise 25th wedding anniversary for my parents.

Just have my ears pierced. I will be getting a tattoo at some point though.

Depends on my mood. But usually it is a hard cider of some sort or captain and ginger ale.

COFFEE

Don't really have one but I do want to rent a RV and roadtrip across the country traveling to all the MLB Stadiums.

Either a professional dancer or a choreographer with my own studio.

Watching the RHNJ Reunion last night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • 1) What is your favorite song? my brown eye girl- takes me right back to the first night back at my college after I turned 21 and was in the bar for the first time.  Some guy sang that song to me while we danced.... I had to laugh because I do not have brown eyes.
    2) If your best friend had to describe you in 3 words, what would she say? Calm, dependable, and bookish.
    3) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? After a really really bad break up, my sister brought me flowers at work- I was having a very bad day.
    4) What is the nicest thing you ever done for someone else? Recently a friend lost her twin boys(they were too premature).  I bought two bricks with their names to be placed on the walk in the new cool park in her town. 
    5) Any tattoos or piercings? one tattoo- on my ankle I got it for my 20th birthday- so I have had it over 20 years.
    6) If you were to have a social drink, what is your drink of choice? I don't drink much but I always love a margarita. 
    7) What is the one thing you could not live without? (excluding family and children) that is a hard one.... maybe my education 
    8) Do you have a bucket list, what is the craziest thing on it?  Mostly mine includes places to visit- I really want to go to Easter Island.
    9) What would your dream job be? I don't know... I really liked what I did when I worked for Planned Parenthood
    10) What was the last thing that made you cry? reading about the woman in Oregon who chose to end her life because she was terminal.  I don't know if I would have the courage to do that, but I don't judge her at all. 

• 1) What is your favorite song? Beautiful by Bethany Dillon. One of the first songs I ever confidently performed in the US so it was a big deal and close to my heart.
    2) If your best friend had to describe you in 3 words, what would she say? Cheerful, Caring, Talented. (I had to literally go and ask someone).
    3) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? I had a serious crisis in 2013 and my old friend, only person I trusted with information, left work mid-day to come and help me. 
    4) What is the nicest thing you ever done for someone else? When we were newlyweds, we let a family of 5 live with us temporarily when they had a financial crisis and were in-between homes. 
    5) Any tattoos or piercings? piercings - 3 in one ear, 2 on the other. tattoos- favorite song lyrics on my ribcage.
    6) If you were to have a social drink, what is your drink of choice? I don't do it much but in the past my go-to was either a whiskey sour, like @enncchanted , or Jack&Redbull/Jack&coke.
    7) What is the one thing you could not live without? (excluding family and children) My phone. 
    8) Do you have a bucket list, what is the craziest thing on it? Not a bucket but a 30 before 30. I would like to ride in the BPMS150 from Hou to Austin, TX and raise a ton of money for it. Crazy, I guess, because I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid. 
    9) What would your dream job be? Professional singer - Not just a dream anymore though.
    10) What was the last thing that made you cry? I was sad. Had a meltdown thinking about my ppd in 2012-13 after I had my 2nd daughter
  • edited November 2014
    The one song that I will notice when it comes on the radio is Boom Clap because I watched Fault in our Stars not too long ago and that movie got to me, so the song still gets to me.  I also will admit to having to resist the urge to dance when I hear Shake it Off.

Caring, nerd, guarded

We moved shortly before I got pregnant with DD.  I didn't know the neighbors well at the time other than waving and saying hi while out walking the dog.  They found out that we didn't have family or friends in the state and that I was pregnant.  The neighborhood got together and threw a small baby shower.  At the end of the shower they gave me a phone number list of all their numbers in case I ever needed anything.  They made us feel like we were an immediate part of their community.  We have since moved again, but I still love those people.

4. What is the nicest thing you ever done for someone else? 
    I cannot think of anything big off the top of my head.... I send cookies and other treats to the people in my grandma's nursing home.  I was my neighbor's "in case of emergency contact" in grad school. She had a life threatening illness and had no family.....The kids and I have helped neighbors shovel their driveways....

Just the two holes in my ears

Strawberry daiquiri

My phone.  It is the best way to keep in touch with my family and friends since they live so far away. 

Do you have a bucket list, what is the craziest thing on it?
    To compete on the Amazing Race.  I have zero desire to be on t.v., but I would love to run the race and participate in the challenges. 

Volunteer with FLAG (farmers legal action group)

I got teary eyed during a news story about a little boy and his best friend, his elderly neighbor. They showed them playing and gardening together. The boy moves and you can tell how difficult the move was on both of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. My favorite song is Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House.

2. My best friend says I am caring, honest and emotional.

3. The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me was- when I was pregnant last year we had nobody throwing us a baby shower. The women in my online support group felt bad and they all surprised me by ordering something from my registry. I couldn't believe such a wonderful gesture was coming from women who had never even met me in real life.

4. The nicest thing I've done for someone else was probably taking my best friend to London after her mom died and she was really depressed.

5. I have two holes in my left ear, three in my right. I have 4 tattoos- wrist, ring finger, back of neck and top of foot.

6. I like a nice glass of wine.

7. I can't live without- ....it's a toss up between music and my car.

8. I do have a bucket list, probably the craziest thing on it (according to some people) is I'd like to see Nessie.

9. Honestly being a SAHM was always my dream, but if I were to do something else I think it would be fun to design clothes, if I actually knew how to sew LOL. I love the creativity behind it. I'd want to be good enough to only do what I wanted though. :)

10. The last thing that made me cry was my husband.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • jag101 said:
    1) What is your favorite song? Currently, Taylor Swift's Shake it Off. I'm not a fan of her but that song can always put me in a better mood.
    2) If your best friend had to describe you in 3 words, what would she say? organized, caring, responsible.
    3) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? I was struggling with both boys at the grocery store. An older lady tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You're doing a great job. We all have bad days." I wanted to cry she was so sweet.
    4) What is the nicest thing you ever done for someone else? Can't think of anything outstanding but we always donate toys/items from the Angel Trees around the Holidays.
    5) Any tattoos or piercings? Pierced ears and one tattoo
    6) If you were to have a social drink, what is your drink of choice? Either beer or a glass of wine. Depending on the environment.
    7) What is the one thing you could not live without? (excluding family and children) Being able to spend time outside.
    8) Do you have a bucket list, what is the craziest thing on it? I do not have a bucket list. 
    9) What would your dream job be? Large animal veterinarian or dairy farmer.
    10) What was the last thing that made you cry? Stress and my children. 

• alakealake member
    edited November 2014
    jag101 said:
    1) What is your favorite song?  Something in the Water, by Carrie Underwood.
    2) If your best friend had to describe you in 3 words, what would she say? Shy, outgoing and loyal.
    3) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? My dad's boss took the bill from my travel expenses, after my cancer diagnosis, ten years ago.
    4) What is the nicest thing you ever done for someone else?  I paid for a strangers groceries last week, after her card declined.  I had always wanted to do it.
    5) Any tattoos or piercings?  One tattoo on my right shoulder and my nose is pierced.
    6) If you were to have a social drink, what is your drink of choice?  Peppermint tea (I don't drink alcohol)
    7) What is the one thing you could not live without? (excluding family and children)  My camera
    8) Do you have a bucket list, what is the craziest thing on it? Sky dive, but it is all adventures on it.  I will be checking a few off while on Christmas vacation with the family!!  We are going to Australia for a month!!
    9) What would your dream job be?   Photographer
    10) What was the last thing that made you cry?  I was reading faith in humanity restored stories yesterday, and crying.

Far too many favorite songs.
    loyal, good listener, problem solver
    let me go in front of them at the grocery store with both my kids in tow 
    leaving unused, non expired coupons at registers for the next customers or leaving not all the way used gift cards I know I will never use again. 
    ear lobes double pierced and right triages is pierced.
    7 tattoos, probably getting 2 more soon.
    margarita for the win.
    considering family & children are excluded I guess nothing.
    cage dive with sharks 
    a NICU nurse 
    Thinking about DS turning 2 in a couple of weeks

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"