December 2013 Moms

Healthy eating and living 10/30

Happy Thursday!!

How are you doing this week? Did you meet any goals? Did you encounter any setbacks? What are you proud of this week?

Re: Healthy eating and living 10/30

• I am actually quite ashamed of myself, ever since my dad was in hospital I have been eating like shit. I am sure that I have gained weight. I just can't seem to get back on track. I was doing so well, I was over halfway to my original goal. Now with the holiday season approaching I don't imagine it is going to get much better.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm doing okay this week. I'm not currently tracking until I can get in to see a counselor, because I think that's making things worse. I did run a lot this week, until I hurt my ankle the other day. But I'm feeling better so I might run today. I'm gonna try to get the gym tomorrow. I want to lift weights. My setbacks were definitely my binges. I'm really having trouble with that. But I am proud of the fact that I talked to DH and told him what u needed to do and what was going on. He doesn't understand it as an eating disorder but he respects and supports my decision to go see a counselor. Which I have an appointment for next Thursday. I wish it was sooner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck with your appointment @ameegee‌! It was really brave to admit it is an issue and to deal with it. I think probably a lot more people are binge eaters and don't admit it.

• @ameegee - Good for you for making an appointment with a counselor and taking care of yourself.

My eating has not been great this week. I struggle a lot everytime I have my period. I just want all the sweets. And with Halloween candy around, it has been especially difficult. This time of year is always rough for me because I have the hardest time saying no to all of the goodies that seem to be everywhere for the next 2 months. I don't have high hopes for weight loss until the beginning of the year. I will be happy if I can at least maintain. I do have plans to start trying to go back to the gym at least a couple of times a week. It will require me going to the gym after we put LO to bed, which might be an issue because working out later at night often makes it difficult for me to sleep. But I need to do something. This sedentary life is not good for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @Kermode61581‌ and @sleepymonkey‌.

I understand not being able to get to the gym until after LO goes down. There are two days a week I can go before bedtime and the rest of the time after bedtime. I hate sacrificing time with DH.
  • I am actually quite ashamed of myself, ever since my dad was in hospital I have been eating like shit. I am sure that I have gained weight. I just can't seem to get back on track. I was doing so well, I was over halfway to my original goal. Now with the holiday season approaching I don't imagine it is going to get much better.

This was how I gained my original weight. When my mom was in the hospital and after she died. :( hugs.
  • Hugs to the ladies who are struggling. I have been there too. Hang in there, you can do it!

I am staying on track for the most part. Weight is about the same, might have lost another pound or so. Of course it didn't hurt that I was sick and couldn't keep food down for two nights. :/ But I'm better now, thank goodness.

We are talking about TTC again, and its helping drive me to get as fit as possible first. I worked out into the 9th month of Simons pregnancy (very lightly at that point), and I think it helped when getting back into shape afterward.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BoothBaby‌ I wish I could've worked out my whole pregnancy. I had to stop because of high bp. But good luck!! Glad you are feeling better!!

@nitecheese I think you have to be very cautious of restricting and counting calories. I think it's more of an overall healthy diet while not counting calories with EDs. I also recommend reading up on mindful eating. I know it sounds weird coming from me. Someone who is just coming to terms with an ED but it's a really good place to start. :)
  • Eating this week has not been great, but not horrible either. I taught a 60 min cycle class Monday and a 60 min dance class Tuesday then an hour long session with my trainer this morning before work and planning on boot camp tomorrow morning.
    DH and I leave for Vegas 10 weeks from today and my goal is to be back down to pre pregnancy weight and a little more toned up by then. This morning was my first session with my trainer so from now on out we'll meet tues & thurs morning before work. She tested my body fat and will have a meal plan worked up for me when I see her tomorrow.
    I'm really excited to see how far I can get in 10 weeks. It always helps when I have an incentive.

• Props for seeing a councillor about ED. It's hard sometimes to make the time to care for yourself like that.

It's been ok for me this week, lots of veggies, but a few sweets as well. Mostly struggling to get into a good workout routine
  • Oops late! How did the weekend go?!
  • I need to figure out a way to get workouts in. Toning is a necessity at this point. I don't like waking up earlier than I have to and I am so exhausted by the time I get the girls to bed and get ready for the next day.
    Despite eating like crap for over 3 weeks now I haven't put on any weight...haven't lost any either.
    I really need to get butt in gear, get back to tracking and drink more water.

• I need to figure out a way to get workouts in. Toning is a necessity at this point. I don't like waking up earlier than I have to and I am so exhausted by the time I get the girls to bed and get ready for the next day.
    Despite eating like crap for over 3 weeks now I haven't put on any weight...haven't lost any either.
    I really need to get butt in gear, get back to tracking and drink more water.

I hear you with the toning. I was really good with running and exercising for a while, then got lazy.
  • Weekend went well! Eating was on point. I didn't exercise except for a walk Saturday because I needed this weekend to rest after at least an hour workout everyday last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"