Two Under 2

It gets easier, right?

I'm in the middle of terrible two tantrums and have a newborn. DS is 18 months old, and I feel like I'm drowning in ear piercing, blood curdling screams. I know it's only because he is frustrated at not being able to express himself, but I'm dying here! I just don't know what to do.

It gets better, right?
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: It gets easier, right?

• It gets WAAAAY better. Different people will say different things about when it gets easier, but I think we can pretty much all agree that those first weeks are rough. For me it was around 6 months that I was like "oh, this is easier then it used to be", and then at a year I found myself loving their spacing. 
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • It does! I remembering being able to exhale at 10wks then 5 months was significantly better and at 11 months I thought "I got this!" We still have some bad days but I feel like I am at a point where I can accomplish most things or go most places with both kids.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • >:D< Creepy internet hugs! It will be so gradual it's just like @MitoRachel‌ said... You'll suddenly be like this isn't as bad as it was X days/weeks/months ago and then you'll end up KTFU... Or is that just me? :-?
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • @krazyinsane‌ I hope not! But probably... we don't seem to have any issue getting Ku! Lol

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I will say... We haven't ever been preventing between any of the kids so that makes SOME difference I'm sure ;)
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • >:D< Creepy internet hugs! It will be so gradual it's just like @MitoRachel‌ said... You'll suddenly be like this isn't as bad as it was X days/weeks/months ago and then you'll end up KTFU... Or is that just me? :-?

As soon as life got under control around here, I started begging DH for another baby. I must love chaos. Unfortunately no luck yet....

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • @jesselayne8‌ me too! Hence why they're closer and closer each time... I got the hang of it faster and faster! LOL Good luck and enjoy the process of trying :x
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

• Mine are 18m apart too. My sweet happy DD1 turned into a tantrum throwing monster the day DD2 came home. The first 3 weeks were the hardest, around 3months things were significantly better. The tantrums are mostly gone now (DD2 is 4m), also because I know better how to manage them and keep DD1 happy. Once I fix some of DD1's sleep issues things will be great.

Some tricks that helped me. Take DD1 out of the house as much as possible, we do classes/activities every morning and playground every afternoon, DD2 usually naps in the carrier. When at home have DD1 help out with dishes, laundry, diaper changes, etc. Ignore the tantrums and don't give in until DD1 calms down and says/points at what she wants.
  • It does get easier! My boys are 17 months apart. Almost 6 months and almost 23 months. One day you'll realize things are going much smoother then the first week or month. You'll make It, one day at a time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! We do seem to be on an hill. Ds seems to have his good days and his bad days. DD2 had her good and bad days. I don't think I could do this without my 7 year old, but at the same time, she's part of the problem with her defiance. Today was mostly a good day. :)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I feel ya!! I Have a 17 month old and a 4 month old. The 17 month old is the real challenge. It seems like she gets into everything she is not supposed to. If the 4 month old is crying I know that he will still be ok if I have to let him cry it out for a few minutes. Hang in there:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"