January 2014 Moms
Options

Should I Shower?

painttheair14painttheair14 member
edited October 2014 in January 2014 Moms
I don't trust my mom-brain logic and need your input! As it is, I only shower when my husband gets home from work. Lately, Patrick has been scared when I turn on the water so I can't have him in the bathroom like I did when he was young. 

ANYWAYS I forgot to shower yesterday and today we're making a long car trip meaning I won't get to shower until Friday and I feel gross. Is it safe to let him play in his room on the floor with the door closed while I take a quick shower or is this a terrible idea and he would probably break all of his limbs and I'd be a terrible mother?

ETA: Sorry, I forgot to put a "just see results" option. See? I shouldn't be making decisions right now!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

Should I Shower? 64 votes

Shower with him playing in the next room
60% 39 votes
Just be dirty and live with it
17% 11 votes
SS
21% 14 votes

Re: Should I Shower?

• Options
    Do you have a pack n play you can put him in so he is at least contained?

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    Ooooo pack n play is a good idea!

We haven't moved the crib mattress down yet (he co-sleeps and it's on our to do list for next week) so I don't trust him in there alone without pulling himself up, tipping over, and bumping his head.

Pack n play would be perfect though! I can handle him fussing for a 3 minute shower. :)

Thanks @MrsW062610 and @rgoblue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    rgoblue said:
    Dude. Shower. Do you have a video monitor? Put him in a crib, pack n play, whatever and put the video on him. NBD.
    This. I put Logan in his crib with a few toys while I shower quick sometimes. Even if your LO starts to fuss, it's only a few minutes. I wouldn't leave him on the floor because my LO likes to sit right against the door and I wouldn't be able to get in. And he's started opening his drawers. I vote crib/pack n play - shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DD loves being in the bathroom with me (for a little bit, at least) when I get ready. I put her in a bouncer outside of the shower, buckle her in, and give her some toys. That entertains her just long enough for me to shower. But yeah, if he doesn't like the water sound then I would do pack n play outside of the bathroom. Enjoy your shower :)

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options

DD loves being in the bathroom with me (for a little bit, at least) when I get ready. I put her in a bouncer outside of the shower, buckle her in, and give her some toys. That entertains her just long enough for me to shower. But yeah, if he doesn't like the water sound then I would do pack n play outside of the bathroom. Enjoy your shower :)

Thank you! I have even tried his jumparoo outside of the bathroom with the door open so I can see him. Then, I would turn on the water and stay out with him a little bit. Still, he'd start crying with the sound of the water. I don't get it. Other sounds don't bother him.

I think I'll try again in a month or so to see if it's just something he out grows. 

• Options
    The pack n play worked so well! He's still playing in it 40 minutes later.

Thank you!

• Options
    I take quick showers, but I let my daughter play on the floor in the bathroom with a couple of toys and just peak out at her every 30 seconds or so.  Another trick is putting her in front of the mirror.

I haven't done this in awhile though...and she's getting more and more mobile every day!

Pack n play is an awesome idea.  So is the dry shampoo and some body splash.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    For sure shower! If I need a shower and DD isn't napping/H isn't home, I usually just put her in her bouncy chair in the hallway outside the bathroom door (door left open), or jolly jumper hooked on the bathroom doorway so I can see her. If she was afraid of the sound of the shower though I'd just put her in the playpen or her crib with toys. 

I voted to put her in the next room but I actually wouldn't leave DD alone free in a room, only because she climbs on everything and I haven't done any babyproofing. Plus, if I can see her or know she's contained in her playpen, I can take my time a bit more and actually enjoy my shower vs. frantically rushing through it in case she gets into something.
  • Options
    I would most certainly want to take a shower  in your situation. I would put the baby in a pack n play, jumperoo or something similar.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I can't go a day without showering. DS will have to deal with being in his crib/PNP while I take a shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do u have a jumper? Put it outside the bathroom door. I know I am late. But for future reference.... or do the crib with toys.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Roses87 said:
    Do u have a jumper? Put it outside the bathroom door. I know I am late. But for future reference.... or do the crib with toys.

We don't do the jumperoo outside the door because the sound of the shower going scares him :P

The pack n play with toys has worked wonderfully though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"