Adoption
Options

Bad News, Good News

This week, DH and I got our hopes up a bit when we received word about an emergency placement. Our agency usually doesnt contact us about showing our profile, (so we have no idea if we have ever been shown up until this point and I have been too nervous to request our stats).  We got an urgent phone call this week saying there was an emergency placement, that almost matched our profile key and they asked if we wanted to be shown. We agreed and then nervously checked our phones and emails for the next hour or so.  It turns out, we were not chosen. It was a bit of a let down, but it showed us just how fast it could be. 

We decided (after some Blizzards from DQ) that we would make the most of the situation and get more prepared.  We have some items, but we havent quite taken the time to set everything up and really get prepared.  We have been nervous to get room-ready because we have been told some people find it painful to have a room waiting for a long time.  After this experience, we decided we would feel better if we were more prepared. So bad news- it wasnt our turn this time, but good news- we will be more ready when the time comes.  Now that a few days have passed, I feel much better about the situation.

"Even miracles take a little time"

Re: Bad News, Good News

• Options
    I'm so glad you're in a good place. We had almost exactly the same scenario. We go placed with DD (another emergency placement) within days. GL!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you're in a good place. We had almost exactly the same scenario. We go placed with DD (another emergency placement) within days. GL!
    Thanks Dr.Loretta! Hopefully we will have the same luck!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry this one didn't work out for you, but there will be more in the future.  I'm conviced that no matter how much you try to get "reday", the call is always crazy!  :) 

Mmmm...now you have me thinking about DQ, perhaps a blizzard for lunch?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"