TTC after 35
Options

Surgery Update

Just a quick post before I doze back off (oxycodone is no joke!). I had my lap surgery today. Overall it wasn't too bad, and if anyone is thinking of taking this step I'm happy to answer questions. The best news of all is that i have some answers. Finally! The good news is that they were able to get rid of the cyst on my left ovary that was suppressing O, without losing ovarian tissue, and that my left tube and uterus are clear. The bad news is that my right tube is blocked due to endo and it couldn't be cleared. So, basically, my left side wasn't popping out any eggs due to a cyst (likely of long standing), and eggs on my right were road blocked. So that's why, despite a good supply of eggs, I haven't been getting KU. I'm going in for a follow up soon, but the next step is to boost my meds so I ovulate on both sides. Depending on my insurance, that will be either higher doses of letrozole or injectables.
Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....

Re: Surgery Update

• Options
    I'm glad that you have a clear plan of action going forward! I hope that your BFP follows quickly.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Glad everything went well with the surgery.  Good luck on your upcoming cycles.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    great that you have a plan of action!! here's to a super quick BFP!!
  • Options
    Glad to hear the good report! Hope for a BFP for you soon!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update and good luck with your plan!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    I'm so glad you got and swears and you are on the mend. How long are you benched?
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    This is good news! At least you have some answers!! Wishing you a quick recovery!! @Austrogermokee
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    glad to hear the surgery went well and you have the answers you were looking for. And yay on not being benched for very long!
  • Options
    Answers are good...and so is a plan! Now heal up so you're all ready to go in a few weeks!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    Glad your surgery went well and you got some answers! FX for a BFP soon!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Glad you got some good info from the doctors and a wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    tmorashtmorash member
    edited October 2014
    Happy to hear you got some answers @Austrogermokee‌! Onward and upward!

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sucks that you have a blocked tube but great that they got rid of cyst so you have a good shot now.
    Glad surgery went well and you only have to wait two weeks to get started again.
    Good luck.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Great news the cyst is gone. Hoping for a BFP for your next cycle. 
  • Options
    Glad you got some answers!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Did they know the cyst was there? Did they say why they couldn't open the tube? Fx for a BFP soon. Let us know how recovery goes. Xx
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Radiantly, the endo was in my tube and some on my ovary, and my best guess is that the goop was too high up in the tube to be taken out safely. Endo near the uterus is easier to take out. The cyst has been there since at least May, and probably much longer, but on the US it kept being mistaken for an egg because the US were being done just before O. It ruptured in June, but wasn't getting any smaller, and was suppressing O on my clear side, so draining it was the best bet. Recovery isn't too bad so far. It hurts a bit to walk around or climb stairs because it pulls on my incisions. My shoulder really aches, which is normal (apparently the gas they use moves into your shoulder muscle and nukes cells, but it fixes itself after a couple of days). I'm also really bloated (they pump you full of gas so they can move around in there). I have three incisions, but put them all together they're still smaller than my appendectomy scar.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    Glad to hear the recovery has been ok so far!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Best wishes on a quick recovery and then a step forward on your journey!  Yay for cyst removal!
  • Options
    Good luck.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    This is great... FX for fast healing... Must feel great to finally be on track. :)
    TTC#1, I'm 37, DH 36 | Just started trying Sept 2014
    Going in for first RE appt. in October...Preparing for good or bad news. 
    Trying to be chill about the process...and not get too intense about it all. 
    It's hard to be chill. 

• Options
    Oh my goodness I had no idea about the gas part, that is so weird!  What are you putting on the incisions to help them heal?
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    The incisions are healing on their own, and the stitches should eventually fall off. The shoulder pain has also gone down, and it's also easier to walk. So right now I'm chewing on Gas-X to get the bloating down and wearing loose clothes. Also, not to be gross, but I'm a bit, um, backed up due to both the surgery and the painkillers. I'll take a plate of apples and some whole grains, please! But all in all, I'm glad I did the surgery - it felt wonderful to get answers, and now we can proceed with a plan instead of not knowing why we got bfn after bfn despite our charts looking good.

• Options
    thanks for the honesty about the recovery. is difficulty walking normal? as for the backing up part... i always like prunes -- 4 or 5 or hell, 6 of them and lots of water... good luck!
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"