2nd Trimester

Looking for a fun way to tell my DD and DS about the new baby

Hi all! Dropping in from June 15 to see if any of you guys had cute, creative, fun ways that you broke the news to your older children? My DD is 7 and DS is 4. DD is DYING to have a baby brother or sister and has been asking for years. We will be telling them after my 12 week scan a few days before Thanksgiving. TIA!
Lucky Mommy to:
Zoë Elizabeth|11.19.2007 & Finnegan Charles|05.14.2010

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

Re: Looking for a fun way to tell my DD and DS about the new baby

• A Thanksgiving themed card signed "Your new brother or sister," a family project where you make the paper hand-turkeys and tell them to save a finger for a surprise, take them to the scan/give them a framed sonogram... 
    If you haven't told your extended family yet and plan to spend the holidays with them, then I'm sure they'd love to break the news. Have your DD wear a shirt that says "I'm the biggest sister" and DS in one that says "I'm the bigger brother." 

Good luck!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • I can't think of anything at the moment, but have you tried Pinterest?  It has all kinds of announcement ideas. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • SO and I just told SO's two teen boys by putting together a gift basket of all baby themed items- Baby Ruth, Sugar Babies, Sour Patch Kids, M&M Minis, an alphabet book (more geared towards adults), The Seed of Chucky (a scary movie for Halloween), and some other goodies. Maybe you could put together a basket of clues or a scavenger hunt? I always have a lot of fun with things like that with kids!

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I would search Pinterest or maybe show up in a Turkey themed t-shirt with the announcement. We just broke the gender news to our kiddos! Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"