Baby Names
Options

Siena Brown

Hi, My first baby is due Early 2015. We are so excited to be having a little girl but can not decide on a name we both like. The only name that we both love is Siena. I know most people prefer the spelling Sienna but we love that it is after an Italian City. However there is something that is putting us both off...our surname is Brown (another reason we prefer the spelling with one N). Are we mad for even considering calling our daughter Siena Brown? Thank you in advance for honest opinions.

Re: Siena Brown

• Options
    It sounds awfully silly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds fine to me. I actually didn't make the Siena/color connection until I googled it. Perhaps I'm in the minority here...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would avoid it because I definitely thought of the color.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Spring78Spring78 member
    edited November 2014
    Burnt Sienna was the only shade of brown I would voluntarily use in my Crayola box as a kid. I immediately thought of the color when I saw you subject line. I am sorry to say this, but in the spirit of honesty, I thought this was going to be a "you wouldn't believe the name I just heard" kind of post. That being said, if you love the name and you don't have a problem with the color thing, go for it. I have definitely heard worse.

ETA: Just googled the color... For what is worth, the color does actually take it's name from the Italian place name, where it was manufactured during the Renaissance, despite the different number of Ns.

*************Siggy Warning. Loss mentioned.************

Me: 36, DH:37

Married 4/2010, TTC since 7/2011

Dx: Officially Unexplained (I have Polycystic Ovaries diagnosed via ultrasound, but few classic PCOS symptoms, he has mild MF issues. So... not issue free, but nothing so severe as to explain IF)

I also deal with post-surgical Hypothyroidism following Thyroid Cancer in 2009, but under control with Levothyroxine

4 months Clomid (thinned lining) and 10 months Letrozole (every indication that I responded perfectly)

6 failed IUIs in 2013, 3 with trigger

IVF #1 in March 2014

ER 3/21/14, 31R/21F, 12 frosties!

ET 3/26/14, 1 perfect blast transferred: BFN

FET#1 5/28/14, 2 "beautiful" early blasts transferred. BFP!!

Beta #1 (6/11/14) 798; Beta #2 (6/18/14) 7,966.

1st u/s (6/25/14) showed 2 sacs, 1 empty & 1 with a beautiful little bean doing what it needs to do!

EDD 2/14/15, missed miscarriage, DX: Trisomy 21. D&C 8/1/14

FET#2 Transferred 3 embies, 2 looking pretty good, one not so much. BFN.

IVF#2 January 2015, tentative ER 1/23

• Options
    Definitely thought of a crayon color before anything else. I would probably avoid color names with your last name.
  • Options
    Sorry. Your last name with any color is a deal breaker :(
  • Options
    It reminds me of a fictional character's alter ego or something. I really don't care for it. I'd keep looking.
  • Options
    I'd definitely think the parents thought they were being funny/clever by naming their kid Siena Brown. I wouldn't do it.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    All meaning aside, I love the name Sienna.

Sierra? Breanna?
  • Options
    My first thought was the mini van. Didn't even think of the color until it was mentioned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also immediately thought of the color.  

What about Serena?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, I immediately thought of the color. I love pp suggestion of Serena. You might also like Selena. Imo either of these would be a gorgeous alternative.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Burnt Sienna - Crayola-speak for brown.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I thought of a crayon :( sorry.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"