January 2015 Moms
Options

Hypnobabies!

I just ordered my self-study course. I wish there was an instructor closer to me so we could enroll in a class, but this will give us the flexibility of learning on our own schedule and I can pass this on to my sister when her time comes, since she would also like to have a natural birth (ideally, of course).

Any other Jan15 members enrolling in Hypnobabies? Or have done it with previous pregnancies?
January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hypnobabies!

• Options
    I did Hypnobirthing last time (where you attend a class). I'm starting to revisit some of the meditations etc.. now but I won't re-take the class. 

I hope you love it and that you find it helpful!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Stephij1Stephij1 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm with @HappyMonkey817‌. If we could afford it, I'd be enrolling. As it is, I'm reading the book, listening to the two tracks that come with it, and just trying to get my hands on as much free info as possible.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm reading the book. Are there online classes?
  • Options
    I'm enrolled in the home study course and am on class two. I do have to say it has been much more powerful at altering my attitude about birth than I expected. No idea how effective it will be as a management technique, but if all I achieve is less anxiety and some new relaxation methods I'll count it as worth the money. I got it for a solid discount with a retailmenot.com coupon.
  • Options
    Awesome! I was hoping I wasn't the only one. I've never been the type of person who thought they would be hypnotized, like at our HS Senior party there was a hypnotist who made people do funny things, but I know my mind would never take that seriously. This, however, seems like a useful relaxation technique at the least. I won't count on it eliminating all the pain like it does for this birth but if it helps during labor and delivery, I'll count that as a win. I'm excited that it offers partner support so my husband can be there with me and know what to do and hopefully stay calm himself! I can't wait for my package to get here so I can begin.

I hope we can count on each other if we have any questions, concerns, revelations, tips, etc!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have my second home class this week. I need to make some time to listen to the cd every day. I find it very calming when I do.
  • Options

I have my second home class this week. I need to make some time to listen to the cd every day. I find it very calming when I do.

**stuck in box**
    I agree, it is super calming! Once you get to start practicing the finger drop technique that is also very calming! I am having a hard time setting aside time every day for my hypnobabies, I've have to listen to it before bed the last few nights and I always fall asleep. I start week 3 today.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Late to the game, just started it, on week 2 now. Hoping hubby will be a good partner, he's pretty anti everything alternative as a former L&D nurse. He is adamantly opposed to my having a doula. "That's my job to support you in labor!"
    I really like it! Need to practice finger drop more frequently.... I definitely feel calm and more ready to face the birthing process :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Bigboneded I hope your DH is supportive! It actually isn't too wacky, there's a lot of good information to back this up. I've finally gotten my DH to catch up with me (power outage last night left him with the HB book to read... teehee) and next week is week 5 for us (I keep falling behind, ugh). I feel so much more relaxed on a constant basis and am SO EXCITED for my birthing time! I actually am getting butterflies in my stomach during scripts... Need to work on that but still not worry about it at the same time :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If anyone is looking, I have a Hypnobabies Home Study Course for sale. Also, when you're done using it, you can just resell it and get the money back. That's what I did. Let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"