June 2013 Moms

@Calikat80

I love when we compete! You make me want to work harder.

Thank you for motivating me each day! :)

Re: @Calikat80

• Awwww, thanks!!! You too! Last night I was pacing the ER trying to keep Lo calm in the ergo (nothing really wrong, just past his bedtime and we needed to get his flu shot reaction checked) and I was like "I hope my Zip is working smooshed on my bra under Lo because I really need these steps against JessAbe!

I'm actually amazed at how many steps you get each day- do you have a very walky-job?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Seriously ladies it amazes how many times throughout the day that I'm thinking I have to get moving to keep up with you both. Before this Matchup stuff I was not nearly as active.

@calikat80‌ I am happy to hear your little one is ok! Also, it's great that you haven't gained any weight @WorkinIt‌. Every step seems to count these days.

I stay at home with my almost 4 year old and 16 month old, they keep me so busy. I am training for a half marathon in December. Which is crazy time because I couldn't run a mile a year ago. I try for 20 miles a week between walking and running.

@calikat80‌ I know your training for a full marathon right?!?! How is that going? @WorkinIt‌ my husband thinks I'm crazy too for always walking around my house. I have a "race track" around my living room and kitchen. He always knows when I need more steps.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jessica and Abe‌ it makes sense you being with the two littles because my days at home are way more on the move than when I'm working (I work 3 days a week). We did the science museum before the whole hospital trip yesterday so my legs were worn out by the time I finally got to bed. I think my kids have been my best "training!" My training for the marathon has really unravelled the last 6 weeks. I have been in a never ending loop of a chest cold and cough so I have pretty much just been doing my long runs on the weekend and walking during the week. The coughing is so bad in the morning I can't even think of running early! Then we had a death in the family and everything got way thrown off. That being said I ran 20 miles last Sunday, did well and felt good after so I at least have faith that on nov. 2nd I can handle the full, training or not!

And add me to the "husband thinks I'm nuts" club. I try to march in place while watching a movie together and he hates it!

• I was on vacation a few weeks ago with three of my girlfriends. All three of them have gotten a Fitbit. They loved how "in your face" the information is to get/stay healthy. While we waiting in the airport I would take turns walking each of them so I could get my steps.

@GermaphobE‌ I think it's great your husband is getting involved!
  • @calikat80‌--is this your big marathon week?!?! How are you preparing?
  • @calikat80‌--is this your big marathon week?!?! How are you preparing?

Yes! I am really not doing well in terms of prep. I am being so lazy so far and eating crap. I plan on trying to eat clean from tonight on (it's on Sunday!) and then running short fast runs tomorrow and Friday. I'm kind of nervous, but it's so different than my first one ten years ago. Now I'm nervous about logistics! Lo is staying here with grandparents and that is a first, and daddy and G will be traipsing around New York City solo for like the whole day while I'm waiting and then running. Having kids- and Halloween between now and the race- is the ultimate distraction!

I do get the chills everytime the race posts an update on Facebook!

• Haha @mcbush‌ that crossing the street story made me laugh. Do you know it's over a million people?!?! I just got a notice that the millionth finisher will get guaranteed entry for life and a $500 shopping spree. Now I am pissed because they estimate the millionth finisher will be between 4-4:15 hours and that was what I finished my first marathon in. Yeah that is not happening this time around.
    Good luck with your friends hip- I had cortisone in my hip a couple of times, hopefully that works the miracle for her it did for me!

• I'm sure the distractions are hard to keep your focus. I cannot imagine how to keep yourself mentally in it. I want to hear all the details when your done. Do you have a goal in mind? Did you decide what your going to wear?

Good Luck!
  • I am shooting for about 5 hours. I ran my first one in just over 4 so that goal seems pretty weak but it's really so different training for and running one before and after kids. At the end of the day I am so much more physically exhausted now but I am nowhere near as good of shape.
    And I have my uniform. I look like a Seattle Seahawk because it's all neon green and navy, but hey, they make running gear in some crazy colors!

• @cl8‌badb I must have misunderstood- maybe they mean the millionth runner ever? Like accrued over time? I thought it seemed crazy, but we start in like 5 different waves so I just presumed I was off when I thought it was less. When I did Marin corp in DC it was like 30,000 runners and that was huge so I can even imagine a million!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"