Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro

AlliClaire11AlliClaire11 member
edited October 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hello, Ladies!

I've been lurking through threads whenever I have questions or am suffering through a TWW, and finally decided I should introduce myself and actually talk to people.  DH and I been married since December and live in a studio with 2 cats, Arya and Sansa.  I am turning 25 in two weeks and DH is 27.  We hope to have at least 3 children.  Personally, I'm hoping for five, though my husband would prefer just 4.  My maternal grandfather was a fraternal twin, so twins are hopefully a possibility for us.

This is our 5th month of trying with absolutely no luck.  I use LadyComp and FertilityFriend, charting with temps and CM.  I have regular cycles, but not clockwork.  I don't have symptoms of any infertility-causing issue (though my husband is overweight), but I'm pretty neurotic, so every month that passes makes me more and more freaked out.  It doesn't help that I work as a teacher and I see all these families with 3 to 5 kids every day.  I get so jealous I could burst!  This past month I've stopped trying to live as if I am pregnant and have been allowing myself to drink in moderation.  Riesling is my drink of choice. :D  Every month I think I have given up and that I won't be disappointed, but somehow I always manage to get my hopes up and I spend the first day of AF sobbing.  I have an appt to see my ob-gyn in December to go over things.

I guess my main problem is emotional/mental, since I am prone to anxiety and tend to obsess over things.   I really have no one to talk to because I'm the first of my friends to get married (most aren't even in relationships) and definitely the only one trying for a baby.  My acquaintances who are married have almost all managed to have honeymoon babies, which just makes me feel defective.  It's also especially heartbreaking because ever since I was little, all I've wanted in life is to be a SAHM.  Nothing will be able to make up for it if I'm not able to have a child.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to get to know you all!
Me: 24
DH: 27
Married to my one true nerd since December 2013
TTC since June 2014
2 Cats

Re: Newbie Intro

• welcome and good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and best of luck
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Welcome and good luck!
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Welcome. I also experience anxiety sometimes. The board is a great place to blow off steam. Take advantage of the TWW and WTO threads!

Good luck to you!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Welcome.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • tl;dr, welcome.
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • Welcome! 
    DH (28) & Me (28)
    Married 08/11
    TTC #1: July 2014

DEC SIGGY CHALLENGE: FAV HOLIDAY MOVIE - THE HOLIDAY

• Welcome and good luck!
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • From one newbie to another, welcome.  I know it's frustrating and anxiety-inducing, but you are not defective!  It might just take you a little longer than your friends, but you are still well within a normal TTC timeframe at your age.  Glad you've returned to moderate drinking because it is definitely helpful during the TWW!!!  You will find a lot of support and commiseration here.  Good luck to you and cheers ::  drinks first chardonnay of the day/night ::

TTGP November Siggy Challenge - Animals Being Jerks

Me:  39.  DH:  39.  Married 6/14/14.  TTC#1 since June 2014.

DX Oct. 2014:  FSH of 16.9, AMH of 0.295.  Everything else looks great.  IUI #1 planned for December.

• Thank you so much for the kind messages!  

I know in my head that I'm not defective or anything.  It's just my own paranoia creeping in.  I've thought about seeing a therapist and I probably should, but the ones I've seen before for depression didn't really help that much, so I'm reluctant to try again, especially now that I'm out of school and will be spending my own money seeing them.

What really doesn't help is that since I started my job at the school, everyone keeps asking if I have kids!

Hopefully we'll all have better luck in the near future!  
    Me: 24
    DH: 27
    Married to my one true nerd since December 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    2 Cats
  • Welcome!
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • Welcome to the gang! I am new here too! On my 6th cycle TTC #1 after being on BC for 8 years! You are not alone. Stay positive
    :)>-
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• Welcome & good luck! :-)
    Married to LOML: 8/14/12

TTC #1: Oct. 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic