September 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC...

Re: FFFC...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I unplugged the TV yesterday and hid the cord so DS couldn't just turn it on. I was originally doing it to punish him, but morning has been so much more peaceful so far. I'm thinking of just leaving it that way for awhile as an experiment. I'm getting a lot more done too.

That's brave, though I often wonder about the same thing. I hate that we always have the TV on, especially when we're eating dinner, etc.

Mine is that I'm nervous to go back to work. I'm worried about some of the politics. I feel like I can't admit that to anyone IRL either.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    We're going to be hiding in the bedroom tonight. I normally WANT trick-or-treaters (and don't get any), but this year with the newborn and dogs I just don't want any at all. I'm already dreading if any decide to ring the doorbell. Just my luck that this neighborhood is apparently a hot spot for the kids. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    CUBBIESMAMA3CUBBIESMAMA3 member
    edited October 2014
    I have just about finished DS's Halloween hat b/c I wasn't distracted by Mickey mouse all morning, and DS is quietly playing in the living room in front of me right now while I feed the baby. I think that I like this no TV in the living room idea.
  • Options

jpfeifer said:

I hate handing out candy so i try to make sure we arent home so i can just leave a bucket of it on my porch.

I want dh to get snipped vs me getting my tubes tied mostly because my lady bits have been through enough and it is an opportunity for him to "share the wealth".

I will continue to stand by my opinion that getting snipped is a hell of a lot easier than getting tubes tied and any guy that doesn't want to do it because of his 'manhood' is ridiculous.

You mean that were not the only couple having that conversation? I'm getting an IUD in the short run, but I'd like him to get it done.

imageimage

• Options

Oooh, I have another one.  I bribed my almost 2 year old to take a nap today by saying she could put her costume on if she went right to sleep.  She is already sleeping which is about an hour earlier than I usually get her down.  Maybe I'll keep the costume around for awhile...

Hahaha I did the same thing. I wanted dd to go to sleep early since she will have to wake up early. It worked!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

jpfeifer said:

I hate handing out candy so i try to make sure we arent home so i can just leave a bucket of it on my porch.

I want dh to get snipped vs me getting my tubes tied mostly because my lady bits have been through enough and it is an opportunity for him to "share the wealth".

I will continue to stand by my opinion that getting snipped is a hell of a lot easier than getting tubes tied and any guy that doesn't want to do it because of his 'manhood' is ridiculous.

Preach. We just got the referral for DH's snip and we're both psyched.

• Options
    I love that idea! Sans the leakage! Happened to me at the grocery store yesterday. Awesome.
  • Options

We're going to be hiding in the bedroom tonight. I normally WANT trick-or-treaters (and don't get any), but this year with the newborn and dogs I just don't want any at all. I'm already dreading if any decide to ring the doorbell. Just my luck that this neighborhood is apparently a hot spot for the kids. 

We always hide from trick or treaters now. We easily get over 100 trick or treaters in our neighborhood and it's not fun anymore when parents are driving their random kids into our neighborhood. With our two dogs, and now a newborn, it's definitely not happening this year. I will admit I feel a LITTLE guilty about it now that I'm a parent! Oh well, I'm going to eat my candy in the dark in peace.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    DH and I might or might not be planning child #2... Definitely not doing anything to prevent.

I loved being pregnant.

• Options

DH and I might or might not be planning child #2... Definitely not doing anything to prevent.

I loved being pregnant.

I did not love being pregnant but (mostly out of dislike for condoms and haven't gotten AF yet so can't start bc), also have not been preventing. Oops

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options

My tattoo appointment yesterday took half as long as expected but h and I still stayed out just as late to go out for a few drinks.

Can I ask, What did you get?

imageimage

• Options
    @conradraging‌ that's awesome. I'm beyond ready for more tattoos.
  • Options
    I hate condoms. DH and I have been together 13 years and used them like the first 5 times we had sex ... Oops. Had three whole pregnancy scares-one in high school and two in college. All for not because we did IUI with this pregnancy which is my first as well. And it was a pregnancy from hell--pre-e to the extreme.

So I went on the pill asap but still won't use condoms. Lol. But also don't think we would get pregnant naturally. Although our IUI was the second try, it seemed my eggs weren't maturing. But you never know what the body does after pregnancy too.

@conradraging‌ love the tat. I have to admit I have none. Many times I've thought about getting one. Even have a very dear friend who is an amazing tattoo artist and have talked to her about one. I really want one now. I just am horrible at making a decision as to what.

What's people's thoughts on children's names in tattoos?
  • Options
    We also aren't being super careful at preventing another pregnancy. Birth control kills my sex drive and after having no sex drive during pregnancy we are just winging it so we can have some fun. I also want another baby pretty close in age to DD. I absolutely loved being pregnant.

@JanisBaby14‌ I have a few tattoos. I'm not planning on getting DD's name. I have a bunch of flowers on my arm and am planning to add one to it for her. The tattoo already has so much meaning because part of it is in remembrance of my miscarriage and part is for my mom. Tattoos are hugs decision and completely personal. Don't rush in to it. I know several tattoos that I want but can't decide where I want them.
  • Options

I hate condoms. DH and I have been together 13 years and used them like the first 5 times we had sex ... Oops. Had three whole pregnancy scares-one in high school and two in college. All for not because we did IUI with this pregnancy which is my first as well. And it was a pregnancy from hell--pre-e to the extreme.

So I went on the pill asap but still won't use condoms. Lol. But also don't think we would get pregnant naturally. Although our IUI was the second try, it seemed my eggs weren't maturing. But you never know what the body does after pregnancy too.

@conradraging‌ love the tat. I have to admit I have none. Many times I've thought about getting one. Even have a very dear friend who is an amazing tattoo artist and have talked to her about one. I really want one now. I just am horrible at making a decision as to what.

What's people's thoughts on children's names in tattoos?

Thanks! As far as children's names, that's the only time I think name tattoos are a good idea. I'll probably get a tattoo for C, though I'm thinking a flower or something instead of her name, mostly because I have a few text tattoos already and am more into larger color pieces now.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    I'd love to get a tattoo for the girls! And it's probably lame but I really like the tattoos that are babys footprint or handprint! I'm a dork.
    I know it's not Friday anymore, but I miss being pregnant too. :( I know that's insane. DH was really super mad when we got pregnant this time so I have an iud so that I can fuck it up!! Being pregnant sucks, but it was also so nice to have baby right in my belly all the time, to know babys healthy and getting everything they need.
  • Options
    @conradraging‌ the tat is awesome! I plan on getting one hopefully soon for my son. We did a sailor theme in honor of my late Nonno & DH's dad. I'm going with a simple lined anchor along a Japanese style print wave on my wrist. Bonus: it covers something up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"