July 2015 Moms

How did you tell your partner?

I didn't have time to come up with anything super sweet and fun...I had about 20 minutes to process the news myself before my partner came home early from work. I was in shock and decided to unload the dishwasher as I went over the news in my head--busy work to keep me calm! I guess I looked like a ghost because he immediately said "What's wrong honey?!" I stared at him slack jawed and then said quietly "I'm pregnant." His response--

"Oh you are? Cool!" Then he ran to me and gave me a big hug and we both cried tears of joy!

But I couldn't find this discussion on the board and I would love to hear everyone's experience :)

Re: How did you tell your partner?

• I tested the morning he was getting ready to go out of town for 3 days, so I woke him up at 6 am and said "wake up! Come look at this!" He stared at it all groggy eyed and said "wait is that positive?!" We hugged and kissed and promised to not tell anyone until we know everything is going good.
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I came downstairs, showed him the test, and asked him how many lines he saw. His face broke out in a smile and we started discussing baby names.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was very shocked that I was pregnant since I was on the pill, so I called him when he was driving home from work cause I thought he would be upset. He actually was very happy and has been awesome since!
  • I am going to Awe... Sorry if it's sideways but I'm not so tech savvy!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• I took the test and went into the kitchen and said "well you hit the nail on the head a second time". LOL
    BabyName Ticker
  • He knew I was taking a test.  I said "uh.... It's positive".  He said "I'm not surprised".  

• I found out when I was out of town. When I came home I told him that I had gotten him a belated birthday gift from DC. I had gotten a baby SF Giants shirt (my hubby is a huge fan) and a little onsie that said My Daddy is my Hero and had wrapped the positive test up in them. He smiled and said - "My baby's gonna have a baby." I am never good at surprising him but this was one time he genuinely was!
  • Took a test Wednesday morning, positive. Took first response after work bc I just couldn't believe it. Left the blazing test on a note that said put me in coach! Coming July 2015! On the bathroom counter with the coach hat he wore in the delivery room with ds. Sent him in after he walked in from working to hurry and change so we coukd go grab dinner. He walkes back out and said he already knew bc he had been sick all day! Very happy after 2 loses this is our Rainbow!
  • We actually were on our 5 year anniversary trip in San Francisco! I had some champagne the night before, and decided I should probably take a test the following morning, to see if I should actually be drinking or not. I took the test in the morning (our actual anniversary day) while DH was still sleeping, and I really wasn't expecting anything, since we had a CP the month before. When the 3 minutes were up and I looked, I immediately started crying. I ran out into the room and woke him by saying, "Happy freaking Anniversary, I'm pregnant!!" I've never seen him jump out of bed so quick! We hugged and cried, and I did not drink anymore after that.. haha.
     TTC #1 since January 2014
    BFP #1 03/16/14 EDD 11/28/14 :: MMC Monochorionic Twins 05/09/14 @ 11 weeks
    BFP #2 09/15/14 EDD 05/29/14 :: CP 09/22/14
    BFP #3 10/24/14 :: EDD 06/29/15 *Praying for my RAINBOW!!*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I found out last Saturday, conveniently, the night we were babysitting our friends' infant. On Sunday, I had a cake made that said "you are going to be a great DAD" a sign that read "spit happens" and I laid out the positive test! I had the camera set up and recording, so I have the entire moment to relive! We were so excited and he kissed my belly. It was pretty awesome!
  • I found out when DH was at work, we have been trying for 3 months and after a negative 4 days prior we thought this month was out. I wrote on one of my son's onsies "daddy I'm going to be a big brother" and put his pajamas on. When DH got home I asked if he could help with bedtime. He was pretty surprised and super excited when he went to change his diaper.
  • We had taken a test that was negative a few days prior and when my period didn't start when expected I just thought my cycle was finally moving to a 28 day (it had been 25). Thursday night I took a test just to make sure and there was a very very faint second line. I went to the store to get another test that was positive!! I called DH who works 2nd shift as a police officer and I said "Baby, we're going to have a baby!" He was so excited!
  • I bought pizza and wrote "let the cravings commence!" On the inside of the box. I took out 2 pieces of pizza and put a pair of baby shoes in their place. He came home from work, he opened the box and said "what the h*** is this?!" "Are you serious?" He was completely surprised since we have been trying for a while with no luck. :)
  • I woke him up in the middle of the night screaming "I'm pregnant!" I had known for a few days but still tested to make sure!
  • I left two pee sticks on the bathroom counter with a note that said "Cant wait to meet you Daddy!". He went in the bathroom, came back out, and asked me if I was on crack. Haha, hr was a little surprised ;) He went back in there to take a picture before I tossed them.
  • I had already typed out my BFP announcement to hubby for my home board while TTC, so I'm being a bit lazy and will just copy and paste this. ;) Sorry if it's a bit too long!! 

For the past week and a half or so have been hungry ALL THE TIME. For me this is a big deal because it’s not abnormal for me to forget meals. I also wanted junk food at random times, cookies with ice cream, etc. I am NOT a big sweets person, so that was weird. Hubby and I joked that ‘maybe I’m pregnant’ but didn’t really take it seriously because, again, we thought we missed our window. AF was supposed to visit about Monday this week, but it didn’t happen. My FF updated to say it was Tuesday. I thought maybe I just looked at it wrong. Tuesday, no AF. This time I was sure I was late, but figured it was just stress. Wednesday morning, still no AF first thing in the AM, so I took a test. Positive! 

I didn’t believe it, and I got all shaky and kept repeating omg, omg, omg. It was exciting, but I didn’t tell hubby just yet. What if it was a chemical pregnancy? What if it went away by later that afternoon? So that afternoon I took a test again. There were two lines, but the positive was super faint. These were my cheapo dollar store tests. I was not confident, and I had to be sure. So after work, and before hubby came home, I ran over to Target and bought a First Response test and supplies (just in case) for telling hubby the big news. I decided to wait to test again until the next morning. I had major homework that night, and it would be too stressful and not fun to tell hubby then. Besides, I still wasn’t sure. 

So, Thursday morning, my alarm goes off for my temp charting. I take my temperature, log it, still no AF. I hop over quietly to the bathroom and take the fancy pee test. POSITIVE!! Two very clear lines still right there  in front of me!! I was so excited to tell hubby. So I run over to my office where I had hidden the supplies, wrapped it all up, and tip toed to my sleeping hubby. Last year for Christmas he had given me a bunch of coupons for random things. One of them was for ‘getting him out of bed, no questions asked’. (He’s not a morning person.) So I tapped him on the shoulder, handed him the coupon and waited. Thirty seconds later he was awake. “What’s up?” I told him that I had a present for him, and I didn’t want to wait to give it to him. “A present? I like presents!” He proceeds to open a red gift bag with red and black tissue paper (AZ Cardinals colors), and takes out a tiny little Peterson jersey. “Aww, you got a jersey. It’s cute…. wait…. *looks up at me*… is this happening?” YES!!!! He was SO EXCITED, big hugs, smooches, you get the super cheesy idea!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Started Dating Jan 2004Married Sept 2009. TTC Aug 2014.

BFP 10.30.14!!

• For by first I sent my husband a text because he was at work and I couldn't hold the news. For this BFP I tested in the morning and again my husband was at work (he had been there since there morning before) and I wanted to do something different so as much as it killed me I held the news all day. Finally I had my son give him the positive test at bedtime. He was surprised (we were trying but this was only the first month we tried) and happy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"