March 2015 Moms

why is everyone being so cruel?!

I am never posting anything on this damn site again. I am seriously hurt by all the shitty answers and responses I got from my baby shower question. Excuse me for being a first time mom, for not understanding how everything is supposed to work. Or that there are specific ways to ask specific questions. Thanks for making me feel like crap

Best Answers

Re: why is everyone being so cruel?!

• Loading the player...
  • Hey op don't feel that way. Many of us have been flamed for posting a question that wasn't well received when we first came to the group. If you lurk a little you will get a feel for the community and you'll see how baby shower questions usually go. I hate to see someone leave without giving the group a chance. There are wonderful women here and they are so supportive you just have to give it time. I really don't think you got it that bad tbh, but I understand if you got your feelings hurt. It's considered tacky and against etiquette to plan or throw your own shower and when having one the host or hostess is expected to feed the guests that's all. No biggie, you can easily bounce back from that.
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • earthian said:

For fucks sake...

I'm rainbows and unicorns anymore lol I seriously cannot help it I'm that happy about still being pregnant I just want to spread the love!! M15 I've gone soft on ya;)
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • earthian said:

My FFS was to OP, not your response @kellbell1982‌ .

Oh sorry, I don't know why I thought that. I wasn't offended or anything just explaining why all of my posts have been unicorns and rainbows lately lol
  • Go back to your actual BMB, OP.
  • MandJS said:
    mariahd43 said:
    That's absolutely fantastic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you bothered to read the boards and get to know any of us, you would have realized that we have already established that we are a group of haggard trolls. But just for you-here's some unicorn farts. image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Eh...dunno about you guys but this site would be damn boring without the snark! I hereby declare that I am never posting again if you guys ever go soft... But jokes aside I like the honesty and calling out that goes on here...guess some people don't...there are other places online
  • I completely missed your post, OP. But I have a hard time believing anyone was cruel to you. Maybe just honest. If you no longer wish to participate in this community, then certainly that's your choice. An unfortunate one, since these women are all honest, bright and witty. They act as an incredible support system for each other, especially for first-time Moms here.
  • Your original post was actually rude. Why would you throw your own shower and then expect people to bring you gifts and pay for themselves to eat? You get what you give!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"