October 2014 Moms

sore a week later?

I had my first baby 9 days ago, and at first I had limited pain in the perineum (I have a 2nd degree tear with stitches)... but now a little over a week later and it hurts alot? When I stand or walk around I feel pressure as if I have a weight down there.. is this just from healing? have any moms experienced this and how long does it normally take for it to go away?

thanks so much for any input :)

Re: sore a week later?

• I had a third degree tear with DS1 and it hurt for well over a month.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a 2nd degree tear and I'm still sore off and on 3 weeks later.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's normal to be sore. Also, I tend to be more sore after I've been more active- walking around more and not relaxing
  • Yes. I had a second degree as well and lots of stitches from smaller lacerations. I was feeling not so bad afterward but then had an increase in pain around week two, probably related to activity. Now on week three and feeling much better .
    photo 98826c1d-49e9-4f18-a2a8-311206877833_zps1c1ec21a.jpg
  • One thing that helped was continuing to use the peri bottle, even now I still use it. Also I used dermoplast at first and yes it helped temporarily but I felt the numbing sensation was a bit detrimental in that I wouldn't know how to sit in order to keep myself off the more painful areas, because I was numb... If that makes sense... So I stopped using the dermoplast and I think that helped. Still used Motrin though for sure.
    photo 98826c1d-49e9-4f18-a2a8-311206877833_zps1c1ec21a.jpg
  • You're probably trying to be too active. ;) It takes 2-3 weeks at least of resting and taking it easy in order for you not to make yourself sore by doing too much. Rest and snuggle your baby and enjoy your time together.

Oh, also I had a fast, unmedicated birth with no tearing, and it took me 2.5 weeks to be pain-free.
    imageimage
  • I'm 5 weeks pp and I still have some soreness .
  • I feel your pain OP, the pressure when standing up is awful.
    I thought I was the only one who was taking a while to heal!
    Hopefully this passes soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Soreness and swelling didn't show up for me until about a week PP. I think the pads I was using were irritating my undercarriage and I was more active. I switched to a more cotton-like pad and it helped a lot. Also, Motrin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"