Working Moms
Options

What's the acronym? FFFU?

Whatever it is for Flamefree Fridays..., that's what this is.

I don't actually have one, I just need something to do today. But I'm sure I'll be inspired.
One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)

Re: What's the acronym? FFFU?

• Options
    FFFC. Flame Free Friday Confessions*

*still flammable
  • Options
    I've taken on the bulk of parenting since DH began his new job. I'm starting to get bitter. But we knew this would be the case and I encouraged him to follow this path.

I'm extremely proud of him and would never complain to him about this. He would just feel guilty and it's not like he can do anythu g about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    H thinks I'm creating a bad habit by pulling DS into our bed with me at night and we need to put him in his own room.

I'm of the opinion that I feel like I don't get to spend as much time with him since I went back to work and he's only going to be little for so long. Plus it's SO much easier to just nurse in bed and I get a little extra sleep. Yep. I Co sleep with my 2 month old (something I said I would *never* do -gasp!)

GIVE ME ALL THE BABY SNUGGLES
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    @k3am this was my first week back to work after maternity leave, LO was up at 3:30 and I am exhausted. Your post just made my morning. Thank you :)
  • Options

K3am said:
    @ acorn99 - that's what I'm here for. (And work avoidance)

Also, TB hates me and gives me errors when I try to lovetit. :(
    Error-free lovetitting is pretty awesome.
    One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)
  • Options
    K3am said:
     lovetitting
    See.  You do belong with us on Parenting.  :p
  • Options
    Here's my confession, I'm secretly really happy that my mom and her family have decided not to come down at Christmas this year.  We'll go see them the weekend before.  Usually, they come down here since we've said we'll be home for Christmas Eve and Day.  But when she comes it's like all about her.  So even though we want to have our own traditions, she insists on things being the way "they always have been".  Just one example of this is that she always served Beef Tenderloin for Christmas lunch.  All I want to do on Christmas is fix a big breakfast then snack the rest of the day.  I feel a fancy meal is for Christmas Eve.  I'm thrilled that this year I get to do what I want without feeling guilty... although I do feel guilty about being happy they are not coming.  It's also very hectic with them because they always have to leave by 2 pm on Christmas day to get back home so my step siblings can see their mom. 
  • Options

I was home with DS most of this week with one sickness after the next.  He was so pitiful and cuddly.  I would put on Sprout all day and let him lounge on the couch while I watched Scandal on my phone with one earbud. 

I can only watch so much of Chica.   

• Options
    beaubecca said:

I was home with DS most of this week with one sickness after the next.  He was so pitiful and cuddly.  I would put on Sprout all day and let him lounge on the couch while I watched Scandal on my phone with one earbud. 

I can only watch so much of Chica.   

That is genius!
    I also put my phone in my back pocket and listen while I do housework.  I am on Season 2 and have a lot of ground to cover.
  • Options
      Also you have a PM
    It's not showing. 
  • Options

DD's lunch account was down to $1.10 and I lost my check card (ie threw it away at a gas station accidentally last weekend while cleaning out the car because I was running errands at 6 AM with two kids). So I knew I had to take money up to the school. DS' parent teacher conference was this morning. It of course started late. I had to choose between money for DD at school or being on a call for work (I was running a live meeting and had to be on my computer).

Despite the fact that the school is within sight of our house, I lacked time to stop and made it home to take the work call. Hopefully they fed her something.

Second part to this: I am super annoyed. DD keeps buying a la carte items, which is why she ran out of funds. We don't eat cookies or chips except as special treats, and she buys them ALL THE TIME. Nothing stops her. It is making me insane. I don't have time to police that daily, nor do I want to pack a lunch or have her pack one (we have done three weeks of no buying lunch as punishment and she just continues to do it when she CAN buy). SO ANNOYED!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is more of a vent...

Our accountant sucked, so we finally got a new one.  We spoke to her today about our tax situation.  We owed a TON of money last year, including penalties because based on what we owed, we apparently should have been paying quarterly taxes.  We found out about the penalties TODAY, from the new accountant.

Anyway, DH told me he's been withholding at a single rate, and having an additional dollar amount withheld every paycheck.  Turns out he NEVER did that, and now we have to withhold almost all of my take home FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR to avoid penalties.

I am so f%*king pissed. He also screwed up his 401K in a big way this year.  Every time I asked him about it, he insisted he was on track to max out, and he was no where near it.  
  • Options

@librarychica Hilarious! I got Little Winey Witches cocktail napkins to go inside where the adult solo cups will be (for the wine to walk around) and DH side eyed them until I explained that those napkins are not for the kids.

• Options

One of our neighbors hands craft beers to the parents of ToTers. 

• Options
    Mine is more of an UO.  
    I think handing Capri Suns out at Halloween is a stupid idea.  
    Let's ignore the fact that it is just a weird idea for a treat --- But they weigh a TON.  Just thinking about having to help my miss independent two year old lug around a bag with a capri sun is making me rethink our neighborhood route.
    I guess my confession is:  that neighbor may find a couple of capri suns in her bushes tomorrow morning.
  • Options

I have friends handing out reminders to vote to the parents and friends who remember fondly getting those Hugs drinks. I never got drinks when ToT, and agree about the weight issue!

We do take bags and empty the buckets/smaller bags into the larger bags for each child and strap them onto the stroller to eliminate whining.

• Options
    If DH hadn't remembered to buy candy last weekend, we would be handing out soy sauce packets and ketchup. This has been that kind of week. (Whine: I worked 30 hours over the past 2 days. I am flipping exhausted.)
  • Options

We aren't home during peak ToTing hours as we are with DS.  I leave a bucket on the porch.  I don't care if one kid takes the whole thing or everyone is polite and shares.

I am also fairly certain I had a homeless woman come to the door one year.  She was by herself and looked very disheveled.  It was the end of the night so I gave her the rest of the candy.  I don't want leftover candy.  Not because I am that awesome but rather I bought a ton of the good candy for myself already.

• Options

New one: DH bought me an awesome poncho/sweater thing in NY. Wearing it for the first time. Just dipped the back of the triangle in the toilet (stupid complicated garment).  Housecleaner came yesterday, no one had used that bathroom. Drying it with my blow dryer and totally not changing clothes.

• Options
    We took DD trick or treating tonight but she's so young (2.25) that she has no idea that all the things people gave her are edible. And delicious. We're eating all her candy.
  • Options

People hand out Caprisuns? This is an enlightening thread. As a kid I got a few Bible pamphlets. I'm always shocked that no one egged those houses -- just turn your lights off people!

I cannot make this up. Sure enough the Capri sun lady was on target. She drops one in DDs bag tonight and instead of saying thank you or happy Halloween as she had at every other house, she screams "it's too big mom!"
  • Options
    I dare someone to judge cosleeping with a two month old.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @shannm‌ will she drink the capri Sun while you walk? Growing up our neighbor worked for 7Up. He would hand out cans of 7up to all of the kids and we would either take a break to drink it or drink while we walked.

• Options
    @k3am *cry laughing* I can't believe what you did, but I have a very similar husband. *staring at his toothbrush right now*
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"