July 2013 Moms
Options

My other baby

So today a location manager for Grimm met with me to see about filming at our house for an upcoming episode! I'll know more tomorrow, but the setting is an abandoned Victorian house that is haunted. We're in the middle of having some rooms stripped, papered, and painted so it is already haphazard. He said that's okay because it is supposed to look shabby anyway. But then in my head a little whiney voice said, 'But I don't want her to look shabby!' Seriously, we spent so much money this summer getting the outside fixed up, I don't know if I can handle the thought of them trying to make it look bad again. I might be the worst house stage mom ever. Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

They haven't decided yet, but I'm already talking myself out of it. Do  I really want to see my house (and my bedroom) as the setting for ghosts? DH watches Grimm, but I can't, it is too scary for me. 
:-SS X_X

Would you let a tv crew in your house? For a week?
Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: My other baby

• Options
    I watch Grimm so of course my answer would be yes!
  • Options
    emandiaemandia member
    edited October 2014
    OMG yes! I would do it! I'm totally in love with your house. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was a kid I thought it would be so cool. Now I like my privacy.
  • Options
    Do it! DH and I love that show.
  • Options
    haddocky said:
    Is there enough money involved to make it worthy?
    He was vague today, I think once they decide tomorrow which house to use then we will find out the compensation and then determine whether it is worth it to upheave 3 kids and a cat for a week. They would put us up in a hotel, but all the ones he mentioned are downtown, so they are nice, but not close to either of the boys' schools. And I'd have to cross the river. (I'm becoming such a cranky old lady!)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd say yes lol I haven't watched the show but have had it on my "to watch" list since it started.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Omg please please please do this!!! I love the show and they would make it look right again. You would probably get to meet the actors! This is amazing and I'm totally jealous. I would totally do it if I were you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Sounds so neat!! I don't think I could watch the show with my house though. I'd always picture it with scary things in it... X_X
    Downtown hotel and room service sounds so nice! And I miss crossing the W! So many ways to choose! Gah I miss PDX

• Options
    I'd probably do it. However, some of my relatives work in TV production, and said that if we ever had someone film (our old apt had a view of Manhattan, and they're always looking for that), to make any ground rules and clean-up expectations very clear from the start, and to take photos ahead of time in case of any damage. They aren't careless, but trekking stuff in and out, etc., can be a little hard on the house depending on what they're doing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Exciting! Let us know how it works out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    How exciting! I love that show. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    Byjove03 said:
    How cool! I'd definitely do it if it wasn't a logistical nightmare and you are fairly compensated.
    Exactly this.
  • Options
    At least $3k a day plus meals & hotel. Drop in the bucket for their production budget
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"