June 2015 Moms

Second time (or more) moms: comparing pregnancies?

The Ramazi theory thread got me thinking about this. How does your current pregnancy compare to your past ones?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Second time (or more) moms: comparing pregnancies?

• They have all been pretty much the same. One girl, one boy, and now this one.
  • Honestly, I think they're about the same. Maybe less crampy but more boob pain this time. Same aversions and cravings.
  • Loading the player...
  • NoeliaVNoeliaV member
    edited October 2014
    I'll go first :)

DD: egg released from right ovary
           placenta on left side of uterus
           terrible morning-noon-night sickness
           dizziness
           lots of food aversions
           one, true craving (strawberry cupcakes from a specific, local baker)

This pregnancy: egg released from right ovary
            placenta on left side of uterus
          manageable morning sickness
    lots of food aversions
    a few "cravings" (peanut butter, banana and chocolate milkshake, pickles, apples, clementines)

It will be interesting to see when the morning sickness lets up with this one. With DD, I got sick at least once a day, nearly every day for the entire pregnancy. There was a brief two week window in the 2nd trimester where I had some relief.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shibby00 @kikicohen
    Do y'all think most pregnancies are similar? One of the MWs in my first pregnancy told us that "every pregnancy is different!" and now I'm wondering if she was just trying to encourage us to not be one-and-done :P
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With this pregnancy I have a totally different diet than I had with my daughter and I am not feeling as sick as I was when I was pregnant with her, though it is still early. The lack of sickness has me both worried and also relieved. I am worried of course because of that saying that the sickness means a healthy baby but also relieved because it means I am a lot healthier and able to handle the hormones better. My breasts also aren't at all sore, just my nipples are a little tender but I have been told by others that I have nipples of steel since I am going on 2 years of nursing a tongue tied, lip tied child. Other than the lack of severe sickness and sore breasts most of the other things feel the same, I am still exhausted, emotional (crying about everything), bloated, really hungry, and have heartburn.
  • With my ds: no morning sickness not even once!
    With this one it's everyday all day!!!!
  • @NoeliaV‌ I don't know. I think my body just does pregnancy the same.
  • Still early to compare too much, but I am a LOT more nauseous this time than I was with DD. And throwing up a lot more. Last time sucked, but I didn't have to take anything for it. This time, I had to. I don't think I have the same heightened smell that I did last time, but this time I have a ton of dandruff (gross) and that's new.

Hoping I feel better soon. I am missing fun times with DD so much it hurts.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am tired, nauseous, occasionally dry heaving, my boobs hurt most of the time, I'm super emotional, and the thought of food disgusts me until I become so hungry I want to eat it all.

I wouldn't have even known I was pregnant with DS until I started showing and started having pretty bad pelvic pains around 20 weeks because he was sitting so low, if I hadn't taken a test and gotten a first tri ultrasound done to prove it, lol.

So yes, so far, quite different.
  • @NoeliaV I honestly don't know.  I would say that my pregnancy with DS and this pregnancy is different than with the pregnancy that I lost.  With that one, I literally had ZERO symptoms.  My OB said that there's no real evidence linking symptoms with whether or not it's a healthy pregnancy so I try not to dwell on that.  

@comeongetdown I feel you on the coffee aversion.  I had it BAD with DS.  I even threw it up in the shower a few times.  With this pregnancy, I'm okay until I'm about halfway through the cup.  Then I don't want it anymore.  
  • I feel pretty much the same as with DS, although the heartburn has kicked in ALOT sooner! Sore boobs, tired, emotional, all the same.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • I'm only 6w2d, but so far everything is pretty similar. Light morning sickness, vivid dreams, sore boobs, etc. The only big difference is that this time around tap water smells/tastes absolutely disgusting. I'm having to buy distilled water from the store, which kills me every time.

• Mine have all been identical, so far. Borderline HG level morning sickness - lasted until 22ish weeks with both (I'm on Declegis this time and it's making a tremendous difference). Boobs haven't gotten sore yet, but same cravings and aversions. It's still pretty early for an accurate comparison, but so far, it's the same.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • My boobs are so tender this time around. I have been blessed with both pregnancies: with my first i only vomited twice the whole time and this time around I have only vomited once so far. 

I am very very very exhausted this go round and way more bloated. But i will take sleepy or vomit any day. 
  • Mama-BearMama-Bear member
    edited October 2014
    In 3 pregnancies I've carried 4 boys and there have been some similarities and differences.  My BH's start earlier and earlier (with DS1 they started at 20w, twins 12w, surro1 11w).  My nausea and fatigue gets less each time so far (DS1 was several weeks, twins 1 week exactly, surro 1 2 days).  I've gotten more heartburn each pg.  I've only thrown up once during pg and that was my last.  I lose weight every pregnancy for the first half.  I have aversions to almost everything for the first trimester or longer.  I don't have the "I have to pee every 5 seconds".  I've never had sore boobs as a symptom.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • This is my second pregnancy. So far my symptoms are almost the same as with my daughter. The only difference is that I get heartburn a lot now. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had a lot of heartburn but it seemed like it was a lot later in my pregnancy.
  • PG 1 vs PG 2: First was overall harder. VERY mild m/s (basically I needed to eat all the food to stave off nausea) which I didn't have at all with #2. Breast tenderness (none with #2 but the breast tissue changes had already happened and I was still nursing). 

I carried very very very high with #1, a little lower (but still high) with #2. 

Had low back pain both times, but worse with #1. Had heartburn bad both times. Hard to say which one was worse bc I went to meds with #2 and toughed it out with #1. 

Really really really major swelling at the end with #1 (but no BP issues). No swelling to speak of for #2. Both born in colder weather. 

Births were very different. Had progress for weeks both times. #1 waters broke before labor, which intensified things from the get go. Back labor. Needed epi. Shoulder dystocia, vaginal birth after 2h pushing. 2nd degree tearing. Second one my waters didn't break till transition, labor was much more manageable and slowly intensified. 100%med free birth. 3 pushes, no tearing. 

So far with number 3 its pretty easy. My symptoms are mostly exhaustion and hungrier, peeing more. Nothing major. I can tell my body is changing but Im not showing really. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• pghctwifepghctwife member
    edited October 2014
    nm found it

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• No symptoms at all last time. (not even symptoms for my pre-e aside from blood pressure suddenly being through the roof...but even that I had no symptoms of so I didn't know until the doc was like 'whoa nelly'...)

This time I feel like poop all the time. Maybe it's a boy, I would like to pretend that it means something but probably not lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kikicohen and @brennazesquire
    I didn't have any symptoms with my loss pregnancy, too. I didn't compare it because I didn't want to scare anyone who isn't having symptoms, even though I logically know it doesn't mean anything. Interesting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My pregnancies have all been extremely different (except that the placenta has always been on the left).

DD: terrible exhaustion, super angry/aggressive, nausea all day through first tri but never sick, incredibly swollen (couldn't even lift my legs into bed near the end), lots and lots of joint pain, craved fruit (especially the juicy ones), carried suuuuuuper low, delivered at almost 35 weeks and gained over 65 lbs, 1 hour and 45 minute labor, pushed 2x

DS1: super weepy, threw up every morning until they day he was born but never felt nauseous, no swelling at all through whole pregnancy, bad hip pain, craved salty and sweet combo (pickles/ice cream, fries and milkshake), carried higher than last time, delivered at 38 weeks and gained 55 lbs, 6 hour labor, pushed for 15 minutes

DS2: super weepy, never had any m/s, feet and legs swollen, craved tomatoes and lemons, carried low, preterm labor started at 34 weeks (contractions 8 minutes apart for 4 weeks), lots of bright red bleeding during the last few weeks, extra fluid, delivered at 38 weeks and gained 64 lbs, 22 hour labor, pushed once

This time: very angry/aggressive, super nauseous all day and get sick multiple times a day, so far no cravings or consistent things I can eat, terrible exhaustion
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine seems similar (so far). I've noticed that I "feel" more pregnant this time than last time. But, I guess that would be expected since I already know what to look for :)
  • Pretty similar so far.  Both times I've felt like I had a wretched hangover.  I've actually thrown up twice with this pregnancy, and with DD it was always just horrible nausea. 

So far, my boobs are a little more sore this time, and I think I was actually even more exhausted with DD. 

Oh, and both times my only real craving has been martini olives.  DELICIOUS OMG. 
    J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Totally different. 1st pregnancy no headaches no morning sickness, cravings hot food and take out.

This pregnancy boobs hurt, headaches,lots of morning sickness, and I can only eat home cook meals

Ugh!!!
    \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Pregnancy Ticker}
  • This is number 3 for me and each pregnancy has just seemed to get more extreme. So with my 1st (my daughter) it was pretty mellow a little morning sickness some round ligament pain and slight fatigue.
    2nd (my son) way more fatigue, a lot of aversions and morning sickness that was most of the day.
    3rd time exhausted all the time, everything makes me sick even if it didn't 5 minutes ago when I was eating it now it's the most repulsive thing ever. Sore breast, round ligament pain, and moody! So fun!
  • Update to my previous post: looks like the nausea is much earlier this time. I have been super sick since this afternoon. We ended up spilling the beans to our parents bc I didn't think I could fake it through trick or treating.
  • Pregnancy symptoms are mirrored from the first pregnancy (sore boobs and exhaustion). However with ds I never felt nauseous and this time around it's kind of a constant nauseous feeling if I don't eat. If I eat a ton of food I feel best, so hopefully I don't blow up into a balloon because of it haha. Last time I craved chocolate pudding and carrots (weird) this time in craving any pasta I can get my hands on.
  • I had pretty much no symptoms with ds. With this one I have a period of dry heaving once a day and smells are bothering me a lot more this time I gag constantly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm definately sicker this time.  And certainly fatter too :/   Less tired though.  but I think your body has a way of adjusting too. I have a 3 year old to care for. I cant sleep 13 hours a night like I did when I was pregnant with him! haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had more symptoms with my first pregnancy - sore boobs, bloating, constipation and pretty bad morning sickness from weeks 6-20. This time I only have nausea, but it's much worse. Hit at 5 weeks and even with lots of zofran I am really struggling.
  • Same exact symptoms, but much earlier.

I only had fatigue with my loss pregnancy.

Everyone is different but for me I am taking the symptoms as a positive sign!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• First pregnancy, I felt great. No morning sickness. No symptoms really at all. I did crave sweet tea and coca cola...
    Second pregnancy, I was sick for most of the pregnancy, loss of appetites, spotting, low progesterone and needed injections to support the pregnancy and prevent miscarriage, migraines, visual disturbances, itchy skin and rashes on my legs (the last few symptoms could have been side effects from the progesterone).

This pregnancy, I feel great! I don't even feel pregnant. No nausea. Have an appetite. On the progesterone again but I have energy and fell really good.

So far we have a boy, and then a girl... Maybe girls really do make you more sick..?
  • So far this pregnancy has been easier. When I was pregnant with DS my boobs were killing me, I was nauseous a lot, got sick some, and had horrible food aversions. This time no breast pain, no getting sick, and some nausea. I also have been hungry a lot with this one.

By the start of my third trimester I had swollen everything and had developed carpel tunnel (to the point where I could not feel my fingers all the time). The carpel tunnel did not go away until after DS was a month old! Hoping this time I can avoid that because it is seriously a pain.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"