July 2015 Moms

How do I keep my pregnancy a secret from my job?

I'm only 5 weeks pregnant today :) so I'm still early but I'm nervous as to how to keep it a secret from my job. I work at an elementary school and even though it's early, I had a dizzy spell yesterday and the nurse wheeled me out and refused to let me go back to work. I know it's raising attention and I'd like to keep it on the DL. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my news at bay? And also when do you guys think it's a good time to tell your boss? Any suggestions would be great!

Re: How do I keep my pregnancy a secret from my job?

• We live in a small town and I work at the hospital. If I told one person, the entire town would know in 10 minutes. For now, I'm just not saying anything and playing up a back injury as an excuse to get more help with my transfers/lifts where as before I would do them with minimal assistance. You could always claim a virus, or other minor illness for now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am waiting until I hear the heartbeat and then I will tell my boss. He has already scheduled me for next year, but I would like to give him time to find someone to take my place while I am on maternity leave. I am contractually required to quit working at 27 weeks, so I will only work until the end of March. We are a close group, so I feel comfortable telling him a little early. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys! I have an appointment for November 11th to hear the heartbeat, I guess it's a good idea to wait until after that to spill the news. Congratulations on being pregnant to both of you!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"