April 2015 Moms
Options

Deodorant suggestions

Hey ladies,
My skin is SUPER sensitive now, especially my armpits! Any suggestions for a hypoallergenic deodorant?

Re: Deodorant suggestions

• Options
    You could try crystal deodorant? I haven't actually used it myself for years but did use it as a teen and it worked surprisingly well.

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • Options
    You probably need something aluminum free. I'm allergic to most metals, and the best one I've found is Arm & Hammer Essentials Unscented. I've tried Tom's, too, but it just didn't hold up for more than a few hours at a time. This one is strong enough to hold up all day and doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ally3242ally3242 member
    edited October 2014

I started to use Toms something with lavender when my skin got super sensitive during my last pregnancy. I wasn't as effective for how stinky I would get but it was better than itchy peely pits.

This! It's not masking my natural musk (ew) completely but it isn't making me itch like crazy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I use Trader Joe's brand. It's aluminum free and works really well.
  • Options
    Tom's of Maine and Jason's :-)
  • Options
    I just make my own. Mix 2-3T each of baking soda and cornstarch with about that much coconut oil until you get a consistency you like. I put mine in a little jar and apply a pea sized amount.
  • Options
    I've been usin DH's old spice deodorant. It's not the classic smell but something like 'fresh scent'. It's aluminum free and works better than any womens deoderant I've tried.
    BFP: 8.13.2014
    EDD: 4.23.2015

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Prpljade said:

I've been usin DH's old spice deodorant. It's not the classic smell but something like 'fresh scent'. It's aluminum free and works better than any womens deoderant I've tried.

I love men's deodorant. It works SO much better than most womens brands. I used to use old spice when I played Fastpitch in hs cause the women's brands wouldn't hold up when I got super stinky!
  • Options
    MitoRachelMitoRachel member
    edited October 2014
    I just make my own. Mix 2-3T each of baking soda and cornstarch with about that much coconut oil until you get a consistency you like. I put mine in a little jar and apply a pea sized amount.
    I pretty much do this too. I don't normally have cornstarch on hand, so it gets left out most of the time and then I stir in some essential oils for fragrance.

Edit- For typo.
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • Options
    I started using Lush deodorant. I really like the T'eo, but it's kind of powdery. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I am really active I use Lavilin (I have used the paste, but apparently there is a roll on). Whole Foods carries it. Theoretically you don't need to use it everyday (good for up to a week- all natural). Otherwise a crystal deodorant, the spray one with lavender.
  • Options
    Kiss my face has to be the best! All natural and aluminum free.
    www.kissmyface.com

I tried toms and hated it. It didn't work for me. Kiss my face actually lasts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"